1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downhill Skateboarding vid.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by phyregod, Jan 22, 2009.

1. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

That's badass. It would be hard to pull off around here where I live. 60 mph on a skate board... POT HOLE....dead.

3. capricefrk013

capricefrk013 is waiting for summer

It wont go passed 49sec for me. Thats crazy as hell tho.

4. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I wasn't even aware that skateboards could travel that fast.

You wouldn't catch me dead doing that. At least not on a skateboard. Roller blades is a different story, but certainly not on a skateboard.

5. austin20110

austin20110 New Member

i was waiting for a squirll to jump out in the middle of the road like in the geico commerical

6. gomezkun

gomezkun Yay for DOHC VTEC ^_^

wtf @_@
    I was speechless when he started doing that drift on that turn- I would of loved to see how the fu** he slowed down towards the end after going at that speed.

7. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

Either that guy was high as hell doing that, or the drugs finally caught up to him. There is a difference between a thrill seeker and a complete basket case, and I think this guy just crossed the line.

8. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

No idea who it is, but I'm almost certain its a couple of pro skateboarders.. Ever watched some of their videos? This is every day life for most of them..

I was a "skater" growing up. We used to do crazy stuff on a much smaller scale. But I can see where this came from. You jump off of a little ramp. Fun. Then you build a bigger ramp. Then a bigger one. Pretty soon you're jumping 15 of your friends laying under the ramp trying to get arial shots. This is all in a day's work for a kid. We used to do downhill in England, at the age of 10 I was probably cooking along at 20-30mph down this long hill that was near our house. I had shoes with the soles melted off of them from stopping and turning. We even made hand sliders out of old trucks and spacers so we could lean way the hell out sliding corners without losing too much speed.

What I wouldn't give for the film out of those little 110 cameras during those days. I have no idea where it all went, but I have none of it. :(

Now think about that, multiplied day after day into adulthood. They aren't crazy. Ok, maybe a little.. But they are experienced adrenaline junkies who have obviously ridden that hill a million times in the past. I bet they did 10mph down it the first time and its just grown to this.

9. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

:werd: We were riding bikes though.:D

10. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

one guy almost eats it at 1:16.

11. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

i fail to see how someone could go down that hill at 10mph - wheels and gravity don't work like that.....

i would have bailed into the trees a few times due to the oncoming traffic - f that. great vid though! the blue suit - it's the clincher.

:thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted