downpipe help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

ok....so my turbo kit is finished and all is left is the dowpipe....since they dont make one for a saab turbo to crx exhaust.....i will like to make my own....where can i get pipes to make it? can i use some pepboys universal exhast pipes? i have access to a welder and would like to do a nice clean job.....any info would be appreciated :mrgreen:

early mornin bump......anything?....would like to get some pipes in the morning so i can get rockin and start it up...

you shouldn't need more than one 2.5 or 3" universal bend to fab up a down pipe assuming you have a place for your O2 sensor. otherwise you'll need to buy a bung to weld in too.

sounds good....but it is a really tight fit and i already fabbed one up so this is what i did.....i took a 2.5 pepboys exhaust pipe.....i took a crafstman table saw....set it to a 45 degree cut and cut the top of the pipe....i welded the cut peice to the flange flipped pipe and cut another 45 degree cut....used the center to go down to the oil pan....then used the second cut peice and welded it to the center peice only in reverse so now it could go straight to the rest of the exhaust.....welded a strait pipe from the dp to the cat....cut my original downpipes flange....then welded a reducer from the pipe to the cats flange.....viola...a custom home made downpipe that dosent leak.....very clean job and i will have pics up soon

Back