1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downpipe help needed

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by lil_red_si, May 19, 2006.

1. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

ok....so my turbo kit is finished and all is left is the dowpipe....since they dont make one for a saab turbo to crx exhaust.....i will like to make my own....where can i get pipes to make it? can i use some pepboys universal exhast pipes? i have access to a welder and would like to do a nice clean job.....any info would be appreciated :mrgreen:

2. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

early mornin bump......anything?....would like to get some pipes in the morning so i can get rockin and start it up...

3. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

you shouldn't need more than one 2.5 or 3" universal bend to fab up a down pipe assuming you have a place for your O2 sensor. otherwise you'll need to buy a bung to weld in too.

4. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

sounds good....but it is a really tight fit and i already fabbed one up so this is what i did.....i took a 2.5 pepboys exhaust pipe.....i took a crafstman table saw....set it to a 45 degree cut and cut the top of the pipe....i welded the cut peice to the flange flipped pipe and cut another 45 degree cut....used the center to go down to the oil pan....then used the second cut peice and welded it to the center peice only in reverse so now it could go straight to the rest of the exhaust.....welded a strait pipe from the dp to the cat....cut my original downpipes flange....then welded a reducer from the pipe to the cats flange.....viola...a custom home made downpipe that dosent leak.....very clean job and i will have pics up soon

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted