Downpipe Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Well, I have a 2.5" DP and a 2.5" Exhaust.

Would it be beneficial if I made a 3" DP?
Wouldn't it just bottle neck after the cat?
How exactly would I mate it to the flange? With a reducer?

I'm not ready to buy a whole new exhaust but I figure I might as well make the DP my first pre-start upgrade if it's worth it.

Explaination, opinions, thoughts, criticism

if you have a muffler man special, i would go with the 3in...if not then 2.5 is fine.

how is your exhaust going to be running - cat/catless? with a stock cat you will bottleneck for sure-

if you are using a racing cat/test pipe there wont be quite the bottle necking issue due to free flow- but as we know its annoying and i dont know how things will be about noise polution in your area

it won't choke as much, but it will still choke. 2.5->3 vs 2.5 all the way back is pretty marginal in difference.

you shoudl go all 3" :)

i dont really want to get a new exhuast yet, but I'll defenitly think of making a 3 inch DP.

I'm have a test pipe.

I could careless about noise pollution or emission for that matter.

I have a PA registered car in NJ. They can eat my ass, they can't give me an emissions ticket anywhere unless I'm in philly, stroudsburg, harrisburg or Pittsburg, PA.

i think it would help to have the 3" down pipe... then convert the rest to 3" when you get a chance...

better to have the restriction further from the turbine...

Back