downpipe with no o2 sensor bung?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

this may be a dumb question, i just recieved my 2.5" stainless downpipe for my turbo build and there is no o2 sensor bung, what do i do? can i relocate it before my cat or what?

I wouldn't relocate it. Do you have a primary o2 already in prior to the cat? You could have a o2 bung welded in after the cat (like stock) for 30 bucks or so at an exhaust shop.

yeah, you can get a bung for about 10-15 bucks. MAKE SURE ITS THE SAME METAL if you can, otherwise it will likely rust out in a few years. Try to get a good welder too who won't use snot.

thanks i think ill have a local welding shop weld one in my downpipe near the location it is on my current header, anyone no the thread of the bung for me to order?

The thread count should be pretty universal.. Although, I'm not sure what the count is; the shop should know what threads to use. If there is confusion you could bring your o2 along just to be safe! Best of luck!

Back