Downpipe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I decided to use my VW/Audi turbo, it looks like it's a t3 but I'm not sure, On the little green plate it says t3, but for the downpipe it only has 4 bolts, Does anyone know where I can get a downpipe for this?

Custom make.
Internal wastegate i think.
Maybe u can use the stock downpipe

So internal wastegates aren't adjustable, then how the fuck do I take it off, I am not going to run 6psi in an LS.

Ok, now I'm really lost, If i don't disconnect it in someway the internal wastegate will set the psi at 6 no matter what.right? So a boost controller will control that wastgate.right? What I'm sayin is if I don't disconnect it won't it still keep it at 6 psi with or without a boost controller.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 8 2003, 06:15 PM
Ok, now I'm really lost, If i don't disconnect it in someway the internal wastegate will set the psi at 6 no matter what.right? So a boost controller will control that wastgate.right? What I'm sayin is if I don't disconnect it won't it still keep it at 6 psi with or without a boost controller.

ok boost controllers 101

1. Wastegates operate solely on a boost/vaccuum signal.

2. If this signal is delayed at all, then it will delay the wastegate's opening.

3. The time the wastegate opens regulates how much boost pressure is allowed.

4. Boost controllers delay the time the wastegate receives its signal.

4. (conclusion) If you delay the wastegate signal, you also alter the maximum boost pressure.

Thus, install a boost controller and through spring pressure ( on mbc's) you are able to allow a certain maximum boost pressure.

Ok, I get it now, Looked up on the internet and I can just make a manual one. But i will eventually get some type of electronic boost controller. Thanks

Back