downtime notice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Between the hours of 12am to 6am on Tuesday, Nov 16th for about 20-30 minutes the server will be taken down for a remote software upgrade.

ohno.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 15 2004, 04:43 PM
Between the hours of 12am to 6am on Tuesday, Nov 16th for about 20-30 minutes the server will be taken down for a remote software upgrade.
[post=417218]Quoted post[/post]​

6 hour window for a 30 minute operation? C'mon, be more specific for all the addicted junkies that like to post at 4am. :p :lol:

the server co-lo guys are doing it. we really don't have a say.

if its down somewher in that time frame, you know why.

fuck if i know... lol

it wasn't our server- it was installing a package called reboot an=ywhere or someshit like that- kind alike pc anywhere for rebooting across the net

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 15 2004, 06:24 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 15 2004, 04:43 PM
[post=417218]Quoted post[/post]​

6 hour window for a 30 minute operation? C'mon, be more specific for all the addicted junkies that like to post at 4am. :p :lol:
[post=417239]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like most furnature companies delivery window schedules.

naw, its not insecure.

the way most co-lo facilities operate is like this.
basically, all our control panel for the server resides on a seperate box... the main server controller server. i guess you could compare it to a domain controller. 128-bit encryption logs you into that box via the cpanel software. from there, that ssh's onto our box passing through the DMZ.

its actually a pretty good setup.

cuz how else would i be able to login to my server to reboot it if its down? lol

Yeah, I know. I'm just giving you shit. I always use a multilayer setup to run my servers when I do run them. :)

Back