Downtime update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a dell server.

I'm not sure what to use it for, but it sure runs windows 7 well. I don't know what I can use it for even still, but it's quiet. lol.

That's what you get for running Dells. I bought a mini9 for the wife- cried a bit, then categorized it in my head as "disposable" and felt better.

:D

heh, i don't really have a choice. i just picked specs, and the datacenter throws it in whatever 'case' they have a 2u space available in with a board that supports the procs and ram.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/files/favicon.ico" />

https://hondaswap.com/files/favicon.ico exists

favicon.ico

Ohhh, no wonder. I was like where the hell did my threads go. I think i lost atleast 2 threads from this. Oh well. Grats on getting everything back online and thanks for your blood, sweat and money to fix it :D

heh, i don't really have a choice. i just picked specs, and the datacenter throws it in whatever 'case' they have a 2u space available in with a board that supports the procs and ram.

Yeah I know- just had to give you hell. You never get to pick the build- just the specs. :(

just a shame that it HAD to happen as this sites back up was rnning, not another one. oh well, since this site is huge compared to the rest on the box, the odds are in the favor of getting this one in the backup time frame due to sheer time it takes to run the backups.

I noticed i lost some rep due to this little problem. I mean it is one point but still, i probably worked hard for that one point! haha

just a shame that it HAD to happen as this sites back up was rnning, not another one. oh well, since this site is huge compared to the rest on the box, the odds are in the favor of getting this one in the backup time frame due to sheer time it takes to run the backups.

That's the WORST time. Maybe add another backup in for HS at a different date? Or move the weekly to a different date? Or would that be too much trouble? No extra cost right?

the weekly was fine (sunday night daily -> weekly on monday). it was the daily running when it just so happened to crap out. luck of the draw more than anything. only happened once in the 8 years the sites been running, so it's not like it's a common thing.

with brand new controllers and drives with no issues now, i think we'll be ok for a long time now.

Back