Dpfi manifold on a Y8 head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

Ok i don't have time to do the mpfi conversion, so i was wondering if the Dpfi intake manifold will bolt up to the d16y8 head i have sitting around? (water port, etc..) i would think it would since people put z6 manifolds on the b2 head right? I will eventually do the mpfi swap, but i need to replace the head gasket now so why not make it a minime now while it's apart.. I know i need the y8 timing belt and head gasket, i will not use vtec till after the mpfi swap, but everything else just bolts up correct?

Ok i don't have time to do the mpfi conversion, so i was wondering if the Dpfi intake manifold will bolt up to the d16y8 head i have sitting around? (water port, etc..) i would think it would since people put z6 manifolds on the b2 head right? I will eventually do the mpfi swap, but i need to replace the head gasket now so why not make it a minime now while it's apart.. I know i need the y8 timing belt and head gasket, i will not use vtec till after the mpfi swap, but everything else just bolts up correct?

Yes itll work and run.

I know this is a long shot with how old this thread is, but what is the oil jet that is being referred to and how easy is it to remove? And I just put it back when I eventually go mpfi?

I know this is a long shot with how old this thread is, but what is the oil jet that is being referred to and how easy is it to remove? And I just put it back when I eventually go mpfi?
just do a mpfi conversion first and not worry about it @monotech (look him up on ebay) makes a dpfi to mpfi conversion harness cheap, going mpfi is a bigger power gain to you than a engine swap is... literally

4dr I like the color of your 4 door, I had a 91 in that color. Just do the mpfi swap now, the dpfi sucks and is very restrictive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DPFI-to...ash=item2cbe4b6617:g:WmYAAOSwsTxXjyTF&vxp=mtr

do-it-meme.jpg
do-it-meme.jpg
do-it-meme.jpg
do-it-meme.jpg
do-it-meme.jpg
do-it-meme.jpg

Back