DPFI->MPFI help needed, throwing codes 4 and 16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright imma try that later.. i feel like crap right now, got a damn fever and sore throat.

thanks everyone!

just came in from the garage, spent about 3 hours redoing my wiring and soldered all the connections and crap. still getting a code 4.

i once again rechecked my wiring at the ecu and injectors and dizzy and its guarenteed that its all hooked up right, even accodring to three different sources.

all that i can think of now is that my dizzy is defective. its the third one i have used, its brand new, but idk... can it be defective?

also i have no wires that are just "dangling" and that could be grounded (besides the Tandem valve plug which i have blocked off)

am i just looking in the wrong spot? could there be a problem that doesnt get to do with the swap that is interfering?

so youve double checked both the TPS wires (which get switched) and the 2 new dizzy wires? hmmm...somethins just not right somewhere with that dizzy....this is why i hate electrical problems

yeah the TPS was like the first thing i checked. thats for sure not the problem,its not even throwing a code for that.

the two dizzy wires are hooked up prefect, and all the other 5 are as well.

so it just leaves me to think i have a defective dizzy all over again :mad:

a friend of mine is "lending" me one that for sure works to check if thats my problem. *sigh* i hate electrical problems more then anything else on a car.

did u checked the two white wires on the dizzy plug? one is bigger than the other..
btw how did u get rid of the code 16?

did you ever get it running alright. i would like to know im haviing the same problem as you. throwing code 4, have tried different dizzy's and cant find the prob....

hey , yeah i got it running :p haha i had wires B10, B11 and B12 all in the wrong spot. put them in the correct location and VOILA ran like a champ. have had it like this for a good few months now, never any problems or codes ;)

i'm havin the same problems as you are and i have checked everything and its right i don't know what it is but i'm about ready to take it all off and trash it if i can't get it fixed soon

Back