DPFI->MPFI; MAP sensor?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mustang67n

i have all of my wiring almost ready and done for this swap[dpfi->mpfi] (according to the writeups, all i have left is the actual injector wiring) and i noticed, there is no wire for the MAP sensor on the top of my manifold! do i need this or is it unnecessary for the swap?

ive read 3 write-ups about this swap and none of them say anything about the MAP sensor.
just wanted to ask and be sure lol

thanks,
nathan

btw, this is on a '89 DX hatch, with a motor swap to a ZC D16A6 now converting the DPFI to MPFI

thanks again

clarify please - do you have a MAP sensor on top of the throttle body? if so, what engine is this? OBD0 engines have the MAP sensor on the firewall and OBD1 engines have the MAP on top of the throttle body - if it is OBD1 engine, you may have other problems, but i surmised from your post that you had a D16A6 (OBD0) although you said ZC D16A6 - is it SOHC ZC or D16A6?

Rywire did my conversion harness for me and said it was plug and play and they didn't give me a sensor for the MAP. Do I need it as well? I did a D16a (z6) into my 91 dx.

D16a said:
Rywire did my conversion harness for me and said it was plug and play and they didn't give me a sensor for the MAP. Do I need it as well? I did a D16a (z6) into my 91 dx.
you need to use the connector from the DX Map sensor on the firewall - unplug it from the MAP - cut the 3 wires and splice a short piece of wire into each so that the connector will reach the MAP on top of the throttle body - it will plug right in - connector has 3 wires, white, yellow with red stripe and green with white stripe - the reason it was not on the conversion harness is that the MAP wiring is not on the engine harness

jlicrx said:
clarify please - do you have a MAP sensor on top of the throttle body? if so, what engine is this? OBD0 engines have the MAP sensor on the firewall and OBD1 engines have the MAP on top of the throttle body - if it is OBD1 engine, you may have other problems, but i surmised from your post that you had a D16A6 (OBD0) although you said ZC D16A6 - is it SOHC ZC or D16A6?

the new TB has the map sensor on it, my old DPFI did not.
my engine is a JDM D16A6.. the code on the engine is ZC so idk really lol. but everything is run like the stodk D15 that was in, so im sure its OBD0

the intake manifold/throttle body i bought has the map sensor on it.

the injector wiring is done now, just need to find the fuel return line that goes onto the fuel rail, and the injector plugs that plugs to the injectors, i have the little metal pins that go in them(came with the wiring harness i had to buy for the swap but the guy took the plugs lol).

does anybody know if i can get either of those at autozone or checker? or would i have to go to a junkyard? if anyones from vegas, do you know any honda-specific shops that would carry either of these?

thanks again everyone!

got the plugs from a friend..
just the fuel return line..

anyone know where i can get the fuel line that goes into here :confused:?!
this is the right side top of the fuel rail..
DSCF0021.jpg

ahh.. that would make it easier to find lol.
then off hte fuel regulator goes my fuel return line? or what?

if you cant tell.. im not the most honda-knowledgable person lol

Last edited:
this is a fuel PRESSURE regulator we're talking about? or is there some other kinda fuel regulator on these things? lol

and would you, by chance know around the year of my intake manifold? so i can look for parts for it easier lol..

pic...
DSCF0024.jpg

Probably 88-91 since its a ZC D16A6.Yea, fuel pressure regulator. I have a spare one if you want it(from a DPFI engine); it should work because I;ve seen fuel regulators for Hondas advertised as 88-00 Civics.

the engine is a ZC D16A6 but the intake manifold i bought separate for the DPFI->MPFI swap, so i have no idea what its off of, other than a 1.5L lol

but hell yeah i want it! i looked at the checker website and they arent cheap!

Well, it's either the A6 one or the Z6 one. doesn't really make a difference except I believe the fuel rail mounting points are a little different.

If you have paypal, just send over $9 to k2e2vin at netzero dot com and I will have it to you in about 2-3days via USPS priority. Only thing though is it's missing the bolts. I'll see if I can find some though

if you cant find the bolts, dont worry about it, i can pick some up at the hardware store or i probably have some that'll fit in my garage.

i'll send to you through paypal :thumbup:

thanks a lot man!

nvm, the DPFI is smaller. I still have one from my D15B VTEC though(bigger than the DPFI one; $15 shipped for that one.

I just finished a MPFI swap on my SOHC dual point injection ZC. Still have a few bugs though. I went in to the local performance shop that works on hondas all the time though this morning to ask about that extra map sensor. Our Intake manifold is JDM, so the stuff is just in different places. He showed me where I already had a map sensor, so the one on top of the throttle body is just an extra, no need to worry about it. I am having trouble with a code 14 for my electronic air control valve though.... and possibly a few incorrectly connected hoses...

i had a few incorrect hoses.. actually, i had a coolant hose on a vacuum nipple.. lol not a good mistake to make lol.

do you have pictures of your hoses around the general area of the throttle body? I would really appreciate seeing a few.

Back