Dpfi-mpfi?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What exactly is that? I have an 89 CRX si and i hear alot of people talking about doing that

Its easier than that...Get a mpfi harness, get the Ecu end too, strip the fuel injector wiring from it but dont cut the wires running to the resistor. Now extend the main injector wires to A1,A3,A5 and A7, youll need A plug ends to connect the wires. Then move your C1,C2 wires at the ecu harness to B10 and B12. Take two extra wires from your spare harness, that will pin to the ecu. Pin them to C1 and C2, these are for your Cylinder position sensor wiring, run them through the firewall to the distributor. Try to use B/G and B/Y wires for simplicity. When thats done use the tandom control from the dual point setup up for youe FITV if you have one on your intake. Some A6 manifolds had them some didnt. You will need to swap the two outside wires on the TPS sensor because the dpfi throttle opens the opposite direction as a multiport one. If you dont do this youll know when you start the car, because it WILL tach all the way out on its own.

The reason i say to cut up another harness is because itll make it easier to go back to the stock setup shoud you ever wanna sell your car. This way you dont cut up everything. Just tape up all the wires you depinned from the ECU end of the harness and go play.

Back