DPFI-MPFI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

How far do you extend the EACV and TPS wires?

To add the extra injectors you simply run wires from the ECU, trhoguht the fire wall, to the injectors? To pins A-1 (I-1), A-3 (I-2), A-5 (I-3), A-7 (I-4)? (I=Injector)

Wiring the Injector Resistor. Just run a wrie from Pin A-15 to the Injector Res. Box?

Assuming this is for the Crank Angle Sensor do you run a Orange (B10) and white (B12) wire from Pins B-10 and B12 to the Distributor?

Now for the Cylinder Pos. Sensor - Orange wire from C-1, and Orange & White to C2?

And TDC Sensor(s) - Add a Blue & Green Wire to C-4, then Blue & Yellow to C-3?

This is not a how to or anything... Im just clearing things up. Thanks everyone.

Im also assuming you can use the stock DX harness correct. I am going to attempt to do this today if possible. Thanks for all your help, HAVOK I printed your wiring chart, and this where I got my qeustions.

You do not have to extend them that far it is like 6 inches or so.
You only have to run 2 injector wires through the firewall, as your old injector wires go to the same place. However all the injector wires need to be run to the injector resistor box. This pic tells you all you need to know:

dx-to-sib.gif

Oh and I highly recommend that you do your wiring while the new manilfold is in the car, and you are ready to go, as that way you can do a cleaner install, and get the correct wiring length.
Here are some links that helped me out when I did my MPFI swap:
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/4gdxtozc.html
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/mattdx2zc.html
http://www.dmoore.com/crx/
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/4gtech/dx-zc-wiring.htm

Best of luck and if you need help hit me up on AIM.

:/

you pimp evilkid's image out like it's god.. that shit is incorrect, and if you ever looked at an mpfi wiring diagram, you'd see that it was.. it also implies that you have to run a bunch of extra wires to the ecu.

http://www.nodn.net/truent/?middle=dpfitompfiwiring

i have a lil writeup on it.. i've done maybe 20 dpfi to mpfi swaps.. never failed.

That diagram worked for me, so as far as I am concerned it works. If you would like proof come and take a look at my MPFI D15b2. I even mentioned the wires you do not have to run through the fire wall, you can just reuse the old injector wires for two of the injectors. The diagram that I link works, use it as a reference. It worked for me first try, and I have been running MPFI for more than a year now, not one problem. I have helped others on swaps including MPFI swaps, I just use this chart and it all works out well. Please feel free to rectify the chart if you feel you need to.

Oh and next time do not come off like a dick, if something is incorrect do not try and make your self look like a badass, simply correct me, and then justify. :)

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@May 8 2004, 02:20 PM
That diagram worked for me, so as far as I am concerned it works. If you would like proof come and take a look at my MPFI D15b2. I even mentioned the wires you do not have to run through the fire wall, you can just reuse the old injector wires for two of the injectors. The diagram that I link works, use it as a reference. It worked for me first try, and I have been running MPFI for more than a year now, not one problem. I have helped others on swaps including MPFI swaps, I just use this chart and it all works out well. Please feel free to rectify the chart if you feel you need to.

Oh and next time do not come off like a dick, if something is incorrect do not try and make your self look like a badass, simply correct me, and then justify. :)
[post=328684]Quoted post[/post]​

have u ever done one and it doesn't start, it turns over then it dies in like one sec.
cause did the convertsion then my car would not start , can u guys help me out, thnx u

MaaseyRacer, what ecu are you using for the MPFI Swap??
I'm going to be doing this soon. I picked up a Z6 intake manifold, and
a p28 just last week.

Brian,
I am doing a B18A1 in my 91 CRX DX I have everything done except pinning the ecu.I have the 4 wires inside the car just not sure on the pinning as i am using a PR4 from the teg and not the stock crx ecu.I used the DX harness and cut the teg harness fron the Integra so I could use wires from it. I had to extend the TPS and EACV wires about 6 inches.I also had to extend the wires on the back of the block by the oil filter.
MASSEEY does that diagram work for the PR4 ecu?
TRUENT your link doesnt work!

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 18 2004, 02:50 PM
a p28 just last week.
[post=404237]Quoted post[/post]​

im using the pm6 ecu from a dohc zc. and i was messing with the timing eairlier and it started for about 5-7 sec and it dies again

y0, I never finished my conversion, the car was vandalized and wasnt worth fixing... sorry... but keep posting when it comes time to do so on my CRX Ill need this info.

BRian

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 18 2004, 11:50 AM
a p28 just last week.
[post=404237]Quoted post[/post]​

I am running the PM6 ecu, I have done the OBD1 swap three times now, and I really recommend that you wire up MPFI first with out VTEC, and make sure you are running right, to do this you are going to need a loaner ECU. Or if you feel comfortable wire up VTEC with the P28, and just go for it. The links I posted up worked well for me, the hybrid2 stuff worked well for me. Just remember you will have a left over plug from the DX harness.
As for the PR4 ECU OBD0 is OBD0, just wire up OBD0 MPFI wiring first then do your OBD1 wiring, one step at a time to prevent too much confusion as the wiring can be a bit confusing, but the diagram was made to prevent that.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the OBDO. I wired my car using your diagram and it wont start just sputters once and a while.
Thanks

So if I've read everything correctly, OBD1 needs the injector resistor box with OBD1 injectors

is that correct

CAN U GUYS HELP ME OUT , MY CAR WOULD NOT START WHEN I FINISH DOIN THE DPFI TO MPFI SWAP.. the car starts for like one sec and then dies, i seriously need Help !! any advice would be great ....

There are good write-ups all over the internet, including this site. I plan on starting mine soon...Way to revive a six yr old thread in ur first post, btw...:eek:

Wow, I just realized this is my first post lol. Lurking ftw!

Back