dpfi to mpfi and obd1 swap injectors won't fire?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

i used the obd0 to obd1 harness adapter.
the obd2 injectors are wired correctly to a1, a3, a5, a7 and yellow/black wires go to a15(no resistor box). i have spark from the obd2 dizzy, and no cel's from my p30. i can get it to run with starter fluid, so my assumption is that the injectors aren't firing. i have power from the FI wire at the main relay, and have fuel at the rail. so what might the problem be?

why is that? the obd1 and 2 dizzys have the same sensors. i've run this setup with a obd1 to 2 adapter. p30 in a 99 civic ex with obd2 sensors, dizzy, and injectors. rywire even makes a obd0 to obd2 dizzy adapter, so i know its not that..

why is that? the obd1 and 2 dizzys have the same sensors. i've run this setup with a obd1 to 2 adapter. p30 in a 99 civic ex with obd2 sensors, dizzy, and injectors. rywire even makes a obd0 to obd2 dizzy adapter, so i know its not that..
There is a difference between the OBD-1 dizzy & the OBD-2 I believe the teeth count on the sensors inside the Obd-2 dissy is difference i read that on here about two years ago. My best advice google it

Take a look at this https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/91-integraswap-obd2-obdo-53021/

Last edited:
if you are using obd-1 ecu with a obd2 dizzy that will not work you need a obd-1 dizzy.

you've kinda got the right idea only its obd0 and obd1 parts. obd1 and obd2 stuff is interchangeable, no problem.

op: my suggestion is to test and make sure you are in fact getting power to the injectors, and then check for continuity on the ground side and make sure there's no issue as it travels back to the ecu.

with the key in the on position, i have 12v at a1,3,5,7 and a15. it doesn't make any sense to me since injectors are electrical coils, i need a neg and a positive to fire. i guess im buyin a new dizzy...

ok, i think pins a1,3,5,7 ground the injectors, so the ecu isn't getting the signal to ground the injectors sequentially is my educated guess. dizzy shit?

i wouldn't think the distributor was the problem.. the ecu should provide a ground for the injectors to fire and i'm not sure why it's not doing that.

with the key in the on position, i have 12v at a1,3,5,7 and a15. it doesn't make any sense to me since injectors are electrical coils, i need a neg and a positive to fire. i guess im buyin a new dizzy...

With the key on and engine not running you will see power at a1,3,5 and 7. The computer only grounds them when the engine is cranking or running. Try having a friend crank the engine and see if you get a ground pulse on the injector wires.

what is the process that tells the ecu to ground each injector? it reads the sensor that the extra mpfi dizzy has in it correct? i used the table on boomslang's website to wire the dizzy. i have spark, so maybe the 2 extra wires are backwards? will it fry my dizzy if i switch those two wires?

If the two wires are backwards it will cause all kinds of problems but it will not fry your distributor. Try reversing them and see what happens. On my first mpfi swap I had the wires backwards and it ran all kinds of shitty and spit a code for the cylinder sensor.

The computer reads the sensors in the distributor to dermine which injector to pulse and also looks at coolant and air temp, map, tps and o2 sensors to determine how long to pulse the injector.

Do you know anyone who has an ecu you can borrow to see if that is your problem?

Back