Dpfi to mpfi converted d16z swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef d16

Hello everyone so i have this swap d16z6 vtec in my 1990 ef si hatch problem i am having is car doesnt stay on ideling i have 450 cc injectors 255fuel pump mild ported head and intake has cam gear with header only way i can get car to start is by moving the distributor twrds the firewall if any one can help will appricate.

get it tuned for the injectors, you're using 2x the amount of gas you need.

thanks for the replies guys i have checked the timeing and was set to the markings on cam and crank.regarding the fuel the guy that chipped my computer set it up for 450 injectors.car has cam gear as well with mild port on intake and exhust. i was told to keep stock fuel regulator on fuel rail and to setup the external fuel regulator at 40psi. kind sucks when its your first honda build and move to another state not knowing anyone to help wit the build thanks for any possible help .

so i did some more brain storming and ended up buying fpr for the fuel rail b&m. i was then told tht if injectors are hi resistance tht i wouldnt need igniter box but if low resistance then i would need the box tried to start with out the box didnt wrk f*** this swap is really getting to me shouldve stuck with what iknow best toyotas lol.

No need to run 450cc just stick to your standard 240cc D16Z6 saturated injectors meaning no injector resistor box is needed.

thats what came with the car.so i should get the computer tuned bck to stock injectors for better result? thank u for any help.

okay so i removed the 450 injectors and retuned ecu for stock injectors. car started idle for a little bit i then shut the car off. went to turn it bck on car wont start seriously once i get this car running 1st and last honda ill ever built didnt think would be so complicated.

Hondas are usually easy to work on.
Were the stock injectors for the z6 the ones you used or the stock injectors for your old a6 engine? Are you using a resistor box if they are the a6 ones?
Just a hunch, check your firing order on your distributor. Make sure that every plug wire is in the right spot on the dist cap. Also check the cap and rotor and check your spark. Inspect your plugs too.
Also check your wiring connections. Hopefully the connections were soldered, if not something could be shorting. My 89 crx wouldn't run right after I left my friend run the wire from the ecu conversion harness to the vtec solenoid. He ended up breaking a few wires when he ran it.

thanks for the reply yes the injectors are to the z6 cap and rotor are new frm msd i just put new set of plugs whats weird is tht some times it will start and idle but when i shut it off wont start bck up i think my best bet is to just give the car to someone who has experiance with swaps.

so im having problems with my timing i put the cam on 0 and crank on 0 but when i go to crank it its turns on but still way off .

where do you live Man?

try 4.5degrees advance of your cam gear thats about a tooth. I'm thinking your not timed right.

Back