DPFI to MPFI HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91hatchyd16a6

well to start off i have a 91 civic hatch dx, bought a d16a6 zc from overseas, bolted on my d15 tranny, bought a wiring harness for it, got that all hooked up, the way all the writeups say, well heres the problem, it tries to start but will not whatsoever, also ecy throws code 10 which from what i understand is the iat senser(which is plugged in) and also from what i understand that wont make it not start, seems to me like its gettin too much fuel and maybe flooding the motor so it wont start? turn the key to the on pos. and you can hear the fuel pump constant. has anyone ever ran into these problems? can someone please help me out, this is my first real swap, all the other swaps i've done were the d15 motor and i didnt have to do any wiring.

sounds like a wiring problem. When doing a mpfi conversion its required that you rewire on the ecu side of the plugs.

are you using the DX engine harness that came in the car? - IAT sensor, code 10, you probably have the wrong connector plugged into it - should be a white 2-wire connector with red/yellow and green/white wires, not the white 2-wire connector with orange and black/yellow wires - that connector was for the Tandem Control Valve and you won't use it on the MPFI - still should start

If the car was a dx you need to have the harness rebuilt to run the mpfi. There's various people who do this including Hasport. I know everyone that works there and they do good work. If you send them your dx harness and a good mpfi harness they can make you one good one.

im in the same boat,,,if i try long enough it will start ,,but wont stay running

As a owner of a Dx converted to MPFI...my suggestion to you guys that wanna swap is to swap out both the engine harness and under dash harness for a SI one. This eliminates any possible wiring problems. On the other hand my rewired multi port swap started rite away. Ive done it both ways and regardless to popular belief it takes just as much time to just swap out the harnesses. My prefered method....and while youre at it if you have a civic swap your dash out for a CRX one for that sportier feel...

Please list everything you have done to your car with the swap. Like what distributor you used, engine, the exact harness you used, what ecu, did you add an injector resistor box, etc.

I have done this swap. I swapped out the ecu harness along with the engine harness just to make any wiring problems go away. You also need the Si dizzy. Not a big deal. But I would suggest that you run the MSD cap and rotor with the external coil.

Back