DPFI to MPFI help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So i just finished up my MPFI swap on my 90' Civic LX. The motor is a D16Y7 that i bought from a buddy that had the stock PM5 dual point manifold on it. So i did the MPFI swap on it. But i have ran into a problem. My computer is running in limp mode, and flashing a code 4 (crank sensor). Therefore i can't go past 3200 rpm. I have used an OBD2 LX dizzy, and just used the boomslang OBD0 to OBD2 wiring how to. I know all of my wiring is correct i have gone over it 10 times, and even had some buddies go over it. Now i have done this before, with no problem, but i have no idea what the problem could be. I have been told to switch around the big white to the small white, and the small white wire to the big white. And the car doesn't even start. I went ahead and switch out the internals in the dizzy, and still nothing. If someone has an idea please help me out. By the way i have been using a PM6 ecu. It does the same thing with the PR4 ecu. Thanks!

Last edited:
On the OBD2 engines, isn't the crank sensor at the crank instead of the distributor? Or is that the D17s???

Someone help this guy out!

I thought the same thing. I believe when the guy did the swap, he had taken in off in order to run the stock PM5 dizzy, and dual point. Is there anyway i can get a new one from and OBD2 motor, and then just wire it up? What would be my best bet?

I had the same problem on my mpfi swap. My set up is an ls with and obdo pr4 ecu and a obdo dizzy. At first i was running a pm8 ecu and everytime i tried using a pm6 or the pr4 it would throw a code 4 also so i swapped distributor with one that i new worked fine and it would still not work but for some reason only the pm8 worked. I checked over all my wiring i checked the CPS wires i ran into th ecu and everything was right. It still does it to this day sometimes. Check your CPS wires that you had to repin and make sure they are not loose when mine messes up all i have to do is move the wires around and unplug them (the whole plug not just the 2 wires)and replug it. If i move my ecu or wiggle the wires where the cps wires are it either shuts off or throws the code 4. Dont know if this helps you but i fell your pain it took me 4 months after my swap to finanly fix the problem. techinally the problem isnt fixed because it still does it but i know what to do to make it work. Try geting a pm8 ecu everytime i used it it never threw a code 4 .

Back