DPFI to MPFI Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slayer1927

Ok 1991 honda ef hatch 170k on mother doing swap I did everything right all the wires look to be right tried alot of different things. I keep getting error 4 and it will idle all day long but as soon as I hit the gas it dies. I am not sure what to do now, I have gone over eveything and all parts came out of running crx that was converted from DPFI to MPFI

check all vacuum hoses. Also make sure you have the right plug leading to the tps.
I dont remember off hand the other 3 pin plug, but it is common to have the 2 switched.

The hoses are fine I will try the pin tomorrow I think we checked it but it didn't fit .

i am goin to do a mpfi to my 1990 d15b1 4 speed i would like to know if i can keep the pm05 or do i need the pm06 if so with it bolt right up to my d15b1

For future reference, consider starting your own thread or maybe even use the search button.

There is more than one way to accomplish this conversion.
I would suggest starting with an MPFI ecu. Search. ;)

Ok the green one on the back is the one I need to switch right it's 3 pin

Ok new problem it revs one time then messes up. There are 3 wires that I can use but I am not sure which ones go where. Before it would not rev at all now it will but messes up any suggestions?

Revs one time then messes up. :cool:

Now messes up all the time.?

Can we assume this mean it revs then bogs immediately, or it revs to about 3k rpm then bogs or is it singing and messes up the lyrics? Honda rarely "messes up."

Did you swap the tps plug? What color are the wires leading there?

Shoot some photos of your engine bay and these 3 wires you mentioned.

Ok I will get pictures tomorrow . Here is what I mean
I rev it to anything I want 3k and up then it bogs and backfires. The wires I checked and the tps plug is white now the green one does not do nothing but idle .

Well hopefully we sent it to the shop to weld it up and we are going to put it all back together and try it monday at school . I have worked my butt off I rewired this car like 5 times thinking he messed up the wiring but it was he used y8 bolts that where to long and they cracked it .

New problem . We got a wiring harness online for this swap everything works and plugs good but when we got to the injectors we found out the injectors are not a6 injectors so the plugs wont work. We need to know if we can just use the a6 injectors or need a whole fuel rail.

you should be able to use a6 injectors fine with your rail.

can anyone verify this?

Back