dpfi to mpfi problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crx89

i just did the ex head swap on my crx and converted to mpfi, the car is not starting. I was pretty sure everything was hooked up properly, but guess not. The car cranks, but is not getting any spark at all. I don't know whats wrong. Anyhelp

ALso i hear the hammerdown, on here knows how to fix this type of electrical stuff, so i would like to get ahold of him.

Thanks

Check your distribtuor wiring. Did you use an SI or Hf distributor? Make sure the white wires on the distributor are in the right order, try reversing those.

There are two white wires but one of them has a blue stripe and belongs to the TDC sensor at C4. The other white wire belongs to the CAS at B12.

Did you adjust the timing correctly for your distributor? You probably need to retard it abit (clockwise direction).

When I did my mpfi swap the two white wires looked pretty much the same due to fading of the color of the wires.

Fading in the engine compartment is common due to the heat and fumes. I couldn't make out some of the colours myself i.e. pink = orange. However for wires under the dashboard, the colours are still fresh.

I understand that if you look at the back of the dis plug from the engine harness end, it should be in this order. The dis plug from the dis, viewng from the front where the pins show should also correspond in this order.

For OBD1 wiring

(1) (2)
(3) (4)
(5) (6)
(7) (8)

1 = Yellow/Green
2 = Empty
3= Green/Blue
4 = Yellow/Blue
5 = Orange/Blue
6 = White/Blue
7 = White