dpfi to mpfi questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

G-man

ok, i'm looking to do a dpfi to mpfi swap in my 91 crx dx, but i have a few questions that i haven't found straight answers for.

1) can i use the intake manifold off of a 92-95 Civic DX D15B7 for this?

2) what ecu(s) can i use? Can i use a p28?

3) they say i need a new distributor, what models will work?

I think thats all the questions i have for now. most people recommend getting all of the above parts from an 88-91 si, but is that only car to take them from?

Thanks.

Last edited:
easiest way is get a pm6 ecu from a 90 or 91 (88-89 ecus wont work), 88-91 civic/crx si or civic sedan ex intake manifold, and a distributor from a 88-91 civic/crx si or civic sedan ex.

you can use a intake manifold from a 92-00 civic ex as those are the only ones worth using. like wise you can use those throttle bodies as they have the MAP sensor on the top of the throttle body so you can get rid of the firewall mounted MAP sensor. you can also use a b series throttle body on a dseries intake manifold.

if you want to use a p28 ecu you need a obd-0 to obd-1 jumper harness and at this point id recomend a mini-me setup as you need a obd-1 or obd-2 d series distributor anyways and the head can be had for another $100 or less which you can grab with the intake manifold and throttle body.

so basically id buy a 92-95 civic ex (d16z6) ecu (p28), head, distributor, intake manifold, and throttle body and itd make a nice bit of power over stock.

any more questions feel free.

errrm... in my lack of knowledge since my last post i acquired a pm6 from a 89 si and a d15b7 intake manifold with fuel rail, sensors and injectors from a 92-95 civic. Both of which look like a bad idea after reading your post.

i think the mini-me option sounds pretty good right now...

i'm looking at getting a si wiring harness, but do i need a z6 harness for the mini-me/vtec?

what all would it fully take to do mpfi with a mini-me?

intake manifold w/sensors/rail/injectors
p28
head/head gasket
distributor
wiring harness (from what?)
what else?

lastly, do you know of any places that have these parts readily available (other than ebay).?

thanks

Back