dpfi to mpfi swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

ok i did the swap and now my injectors are not working. i have power to them i have fuel to them i have spark and timeing. i tested the injectors. are have 1.5-2.5 ohms. i have ground at main relay and at the ECU (A2) i can get it to start and run as long as i'm spraying ether in the TB.
any ideas?

PS does it matter what injector the red/black wires go to??

Yeah it does matter which wire, the black wires I think are grounds, the others are red, brown,blue, yellow on the injectors am I right. What motor and car do you have first of all obd0 or obd1.

Originally posted by racintweek@Nov 30 2004, 12:45 PM
the wires from the resistor can go to any injector
are you using obd0 injectors?
[post=424091]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i see this post going more torwds electronics and ECUs.

the injectors are OBD0 and their new. lastnight i put my old pm8 ecu in and it started right up. this is 100% proof that the ECU is bad right??? OR could i still be wireing. i have triple checked what i have done, short of going wire to wire checking for countinuity(sp) ==>when i pluged in my ECU and when i turn on the key the LED on the ECU blinks. BUT on the 2 Si ECUs it does not. what is the reason for this???

i have 2 days left to finish this and i am burned out on this

Originally posted by BoogieDown+Dec 1 2004, 02:01 PM-->
racintweek
@Nov 30 2004, 12:45 PM

the injectors are OBD0 and their new. lastnight i put my old pm8 ecu in and it started right up. this is 100% proof that the ECU is bad right??? OR could i still be wireing. i have triple checked what i have done, short of going wire to wire checking for countinuity(sp) ==>when i pluged in my ECU and when i turn on the key the LED on the ECU blinks. BUT on the 2 Si ECUs it does not. what is the reason for this???

[post=424561]Quoted post[/post]​

You are running a resitor box right, also does the hf have resistor box because that is what the pm8 comes from what ecu were you running before the conversion just curious because if it was a dual point i'm sure you were'nt running the pm8 should have been the pm5 is the car a dx.

Originally posted by darien234+Dec 2 2004, 01:30 PM-->
Originally posted by BoogieDown@Dec 1 2004, 02:01 PM
racintweek
@Nov 30 2004, 12:45 PM

[post=424561]Quoted post[/post]​

You are running a resitor box right, also does the hf have resistor box because that is what the pm8 comes from what ecu were you running before the conversion just curious because if it was a dual point i'm sure you were'nt running the pm8 should have been the pm5 is the car a dx.
[post=425101]Quoted post[/post]​

i got it fixed i hard wired the dizzy to the ECU and started up

more problems with swap.... i switched ECUsPM6 to PM5 with the key off but batt hooked up. now the guages do not work. the trun signals do not work but hazards do, and some times the batt lite will come on after cranking for a bit with the PM8.
checked the fuses and they are all good.

the drive ability problem i have is when i'm at 1/4 throttle its like its hitting a revlimiter slowly and when i slowly give it gas it keeps that up then the RPMs take off. WTF is up with this car???? and i have code 20 the load dectector. that was on before i swaped ecus with the batt connected.

i don't mean to beg but PLZ!!!!!!!! give me some help/advice

eld is in the distributor.

you said you hard wired it. chances are you fucked it up, and now you have a code for it. double check all your wiring again.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 14 2004, 04:10 PM
eld is in the distributor.

you said you hard wired it. chances are you fucked it up, and now you have a code for it. double check all your wiring again.
[post=432074]Quoted post[/post]​

how did i fuck it up ??? i just used the OE connectors and used wires from the ECU not from the harness. Know anything about the gauges and indicator lights not working after what i said above?

guess no one knows. well i think its the integrated control unit. anyone ever hear of it??? it controlls a lot of things, and controlls the indicator lights. i'm going to see if i have power going in and comeing out and if no power comes out its bad. if i did fry it is this someing i can pick up at nappa? or dealer only??

Originally posted by BoogieDown@Dec 17 2004, 04:35 AM
guess no one knows. well i think its the integrated control unit. anyone ever hear of it??? it controlls a lot of things, and controlls the indicator lights. i'm going to see if i have power going in and comeing out and if no power comes out its bad. if i did fry it is this someing i can pick up at nappa? or dealer only??
[post=433480]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep.. ICU is plugged into underdash fusebox (it's a box like .. well.. box, and has one connector plugged into it - white one, pins in one row).
You might try to swap it with some friend to see if that's the problem. It's easy - plug'n'play.

Originally posted by Nick7+Dec 17 2004, 08:21 PM-->
BoogieDown
@Dec 17 2004, 04:35 AM

Yep.. ICU is plugged into underdash fusebox (it's a box like .. well.. box, and has one connector plugged into it - white one, pins in one row).
You might try to swap it with some friend to see if that's the problem. It's easy - plug'n'play.
[post=433921]Quoted post[/post]​

well how do i test it? like i said above? no one that i know has one

Originally posted by BoogieDown+Dec 17 2004, 10:34 PM-->
Originally posted by Nick7@Dec 17 2004, 08:21 PM
BoogieDown
@Dec 17 2004, 04:35 AM

[post=433921]Quoted post[/post]​

well how do i test it? like i said above? no one that i know has one
[post=433974]Quoted post[/post]​

when i was pulling out the ICU i saw the #1 fuse was blown. i thought i check it but i replaced it turned the key on and the guages and indicator lights work. but when i turn the key off they stay one except for the CEL and the ECU still blinks code #14. they work now and the car hasn't burned down so at this point i'll take it.

as for the cyl positon sensor code (#9) i swaped the wires around and the code did not come back but ran like crap. when i checked resistance at the wires off the dizzy i had 0.00ohms. shouldn't i have like 300-550ohms? :shrug2:

now the car runs right, but the idle is still jacked, right? 1500rpms, hesitates, then jumps up? if thats the case then i think i had the same problem.

Originally posted by 69crx69@Dec 21 2004, 12:07 AM
now the car runs right, but the idle is still jacked, right? 1500rpms, hesitates, then jumps up? if thats the case then i think i had the same problem.
[post=435133]Quoted post[/post]​

nope runs like crap and stalls

Back