dpfi to mpfi swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i disconnected my cyl position sensor and it runs the same.
now the i have done all this its pointing to the dizzy right?? :unsure:

Have you replaced the distributor yet? I would go to an auto-parts store and get a rebuilt 4th gen ex/si dizzy, and see if that helps you out. The other thing I would look at is that you have not switched up the white wires on the distributor. There are two white wires as I recall one of them is a slightly larger gauge than the other. I know you have probably racked your mind with the wiring issues, but this is just some food for thought.
Oh and check this pic out this could help you out:
dx-to-sib.gif

The 2 white wires for crank position? i'm 99% I did cuz my timeing was way out I swaped them and started but now i'm haveing this problem.

How much is a reman dizzy??? 300$, I haven't said it but i'm doing the mpfi swap now to make me Z6 swap easier, have it like this till I had everything I need to swap in the Z6 This was suppost to be done in Nov. :ph34r:

I have a P28 ECU and Z6 dizzy. Will that dizzy bolt to the 1.5 head? I also bought new obd0 injectors so when I convert to obd1 i'm just gonna keep the resistor box. I was hopeing to not have to buy another dizzy and if i'm gonna get a new one it would be for the Z6.

Originally posted by BoogieDown@Jan 2 2005, 04:17 PM
The 2 white wires for crank position? i'm 99% I did cuz my timeing was way out I swaped them and started but now i'm haveing this problem.

How much is a reman dizzy??? 300$, I haven't said it but i'm doing the mpfi swap now to make me Z6 swap easier, have it like this till I had everything I need to swap in the Z6 This was suppost to be done in Nov. :ph34r:

I have a P28 ECU and Z6 dizzy. Will that dizzy bolt to the 1.5 head? I also bought new obd0 injectors so when I convert to obd1 i'm just gonna keep the resistor box. I was hopeing to not have to buy another dizzy and if i'm gonna get a new one it would be for the Z6.
[post=440245]Quoted post[/post]​

One of the white wires is for the crank angle sensor, but other one is white and orange, however when I did my swap it was faded to just white.
A remanufactured distributor is like 80 bucks, at any auto parts store, call one up and get a quote. Get the MPFI swap working before you start the Z6 swap, just so you do not carry over any problems and possibly stack them on top of potential new problems.
If you have a P28 and you are going to swap in a z6 and you want to keep the injector resistor box, can keep the OBD0 injectors. Most people just swap out the injectors with it, but this will work.
The 88-91 si or EX distributor will bolt on to the D15B2 head with a MPFI swap, but it is OBD0. When you go to the Z6 you are going to have to swap over to a OBD1 Distributor.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Jan 7 2005, 09:29 PM-->
BoogieDown
@Jan 2 2005, 04:17 PM

I have a P28 ECU and Z6 dizzy.  Will that dizzy bolt to the 1.5 head? I also bought new obd0 injectors so when I convert to obd1 i'm just gonna keep the resistor box. I was hopeing to not have to buy another dizzy and if i'm gonna get a new one it would be for the Z6.

One of the white wires is for the crank angle sensor, but other one is white and orange, however when I did my swap it was faded to just white.
A remanufactured distributor is like 80 bucks, at any auto parts store, call one up and get a quote. Get the MPFI swap working before you start the Z6 swap, just so you do not carry over any problems and possibly stack them on top of potential new problems.
If you have a P28 and you are going to swap in a z6 and you want to keep the injector resistor box, can keep the OBD0 injectors. Most people just swap out the injectors with it, but this will work.
The 88-91 si or EX distributor will bolt on to the D15B2 head with a MPFI swap, but it is OBD0. When you go to the Z6 you are going to have to swap over to a OBD1 Distributor.
[post=442775]Quoted post[/post]​

so if my OBD1 distributor will bolt on my head i could do the OBD1 swap now and just swap engines later right? and the cheapest reman distributor i found is $110.
Its only money though, right?

Originally posted by BoogieDown+Jan 8 2005, 08:59 PM-->
Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 7 2005, 09:29 PM
BoogieDown
@Jan 2 2005, 04:17 PM

I have a P28 ECU and Z6 dizzy.  Will that dizzy bolt to the 1.5 head? I also bought new obd0 injectors so when I convert to obd1 i'm just gonna keep the resistor box. I was hopeing to not have to buy another dizzy and if i'm gonna get a new one it would be for the Z6.

[post=442775]Quoted post[/post]​

so if my OBD1 distributor will bolt on my head i could do the OBD1 swap now and just swap engines later right? and the cheapest reman distributor i found is $110.
Its only money though, right?
[post=443157]Quoted post[/post]​

well i retested my dizzy and it tested good.... what can i do to solve this problem? it seems like i have tried every thing???? :wallbash:

what dizzy are you using with the swap. Also what car, ecu, and injectors. A little more info would be great if i can give you an answer. What is the problem too? does it not run?

do you still have the problem with steping on the ags an it hassitates real bad. I just had mine fixed. my prob was that at idle it was great but when i steped on the gas it hesitated bad, then jumped up or died on me. My problem was that i had my eacv sensor and my IT sensor swaped around which made it run like crap. Also the whole injector thing not getting any fuel sound just like my problem. I found out that it was the ground wires going to my ecu were jacked and made the car run like shit. Maybe this might help.

Originally posted by 69crx69@Jan 25 2005, 11:13 AM
do you still have the problem with steping on the ags an it hassitates real bad. I just had mine fixed. my prob was that at idle it was great but when i steped on the gas it hesitated bad, then jumped up or died on me. My problem was that i had my eacv sensor and my IT sensor swaped around which made it run like crap. Also the whole injector thing not getting any fuel sound just like my problem. I found out that it was the ground wires going to my ecu were jacked and made the car run like shit. Maybe this might help.
[post=451074]Quoted post[/post]​

its an 88 dx my ecu is an Si and my dizzy is from an HF. it idles low. when you give it gas seems the rpms slowly go up and down then till about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle then its find
today i got one of those lazer tmp guns and only cyl 1 and 3 are fireing and i have spark on all four plugs and i'm geting code 9

i thought i didn't connect something so i took the inj #4 and inj#3 plugs and swaped them. and cyl 3 still fires wile #4 still does not fire. what gives?? all the injectors read 2.2 ohms and spec is 1.5-2.5. i just replaced the spark plugs and the wire are about 5 months old and they were fine when it was dpfi.
i was big into v8s and stuff and i decied to see what hondas where about and i started driveing one. Is this some sort of a sign to not get into imports lol?

My ecu still throws the 9 code and it runs just fine. It is a thing between dx's and si's. There is nothing that i have found that tells you how to fix it. When i was getting everything for my mpfi swap i had read that to do the swap you needed the pm6 ecu and the si dizzy. I bought an ecu that was apperantly from a si that was a pm9. The pm9 was the wrong ecu. I would have stuck with a si ecu and dizzy but i dont know what the wiing differances are if there are any. Out of frustration i ended up rewiring my whole mpfi swap on top of swaping in a d16a6 engine (got it for free along with a great deal on a turbo kit.) see if you can find if there is a differance between the hf and si dizzy.

Originally posted by 69crx69@Jan 25 2005, 07:22 PM
My ecu still throws the 9 code and it runs just fine. It is a thing between dx's and si's. There is nothing that i have found that tells you how to fix it. When i was getting everything for my mpfi swap i had read that to do the swap you needed the pm6 ecu and the si dizzy. I bought an ecu that was apperantly from a si that was a pm9. The pm9 was the wrong ecu. I would have stuck with a si ecu and dizzy but i dont know what the wiing differances are if there are any. Out of frustration i ended up rewiring my whole mpfi swap on top of swaping in a d16a6 engine (got it for free along with a great deal on a turbo kit.) see if you can find if there is a differance between the hf and si dizzy.
[post=451332]Quoted post[/post]​

i don't think there is the wireing looks all the same

Originally posted by UDT@Jan 25 2005, 07:58 PM
I think its a bad dizzy. Are you even sure the cap and rotor are any good?
[post=451361]Quoted post[/post]​

both are new i'm gettin spark when i pull a plug off the cap

Originally posted by BoogieDown+Jan 25 2005, 11:27 PM-->
@Jan 25 2005, 07:58 PM
I think its a bad dizzy. Are you even sure the cap and rotor are any good?
[post=451361]Quoted post[/post]​

both are new i'm gettin spark when i pull a plug off the cap
[post=451452]Quoted post[/post]​

Spark plugs own me.... i pulled my spark plug wires off on cyl 4 and 2 and put on a spark tester and got spark. pulled the spark plugs out and no spark from them. seems funny that 2 of the new 4 plugs where bad and they just happen to be on pair cylinders. They where denzo iridium(sp) plugs that i got off the shelf from work.

well all the cyl are fireing but now i'm back to when i give it a little gas its like its hitin the rev limiter slowly then if i give it WOT its fine. If i snap the throttle its ok, and it idles good to. Only code i have is the IAC.

Anyone have any ideas??

Back