dpfi to mpfi swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

after doing a dpfi to mpfi swap on an 88 DX part throttle jumps up and down like its hitting a rev limiter.
past 50%throttle are ok

i have a PM6 ecu,hf dizzy,new plugs,new injectors and cap n' rotor.

i tested the TPS its ok. all the injectors are working and the IAC motor has been by passed.

all the wireing has been check
any thoughts of what i could have missed??

i would fix my eld problem...its really not a dizzy related problem..its a charging sytem related problem. and can cause sputering because the voltage in the system is not being regulated...its located on your engine bay distribution block..you should be able to remove it with moderate work and i would personally replace it with one from an si.

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 2 2005, 01:40 AM
i would fix my eld problem...its really not a dizzy related problem..its a charging sytem related problem. and can cause sputering because the voltage in the system is not being regulated...its located on your engine bay distribution block..you should be able to remove it with moderate work and i would personally replace it with one from an si.
[post=468037]Quoted post[/post]​

hmm it worked fine before but at this point what the hell. what is an eld?? and where is the voltage reg deal at?

eld is electronic load detector it is located in the under the hood fuse block....also i have another question for you ...did you swap the two outside wires on your tps?

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 2 2005, 09:03 PM
eld is electronic load detector it is located in the under the hood fuse block....also i have another question for you ...did you swap the two outside wires on your tps?
[post=468493]Quoted post[/post]​

hmm i have gotten that code a few times too. i have an HF underhood fuse box, will this work for now??

as far as i know it will work just fine.....just make sure the same colored wires are going into the same places

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 2 2005, 10:01 PM
as far as i know it will work just fine.....just make sure the same colored wires are going into the same places
[post=468531]Quoted post[/post]​

hope your right i think my tranny in my montecarlo i just put it broke:`(

the underhood deal is from a 91HF and i have and 88 DX

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 3 2005, 09:23 PM
should be just fine...
[post=468977]Quoted post[/post]​

swaped it out and still have the problem.
remember the sheilded(sp) cable? i never got it because everyone said they havn't used it.

i dont think its entirely nesicary buuuut honda puts it in their harness for a reason....

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 12:02 AM
i dont think its entirely nesicary buuuut honda puts it in their harness for a reason....
[post=469028]Quoted post[/post]​

they do? not saying they don't but the wires don't look diffrent.

think that could be the root of my problem?

possibly..ive heard of plenty of people using regular wire and it working fine for the extra two wires in the distributor...but honda uses shielded wires for the cylinder sensors

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 12:06 AM
i spell so poorly sometimes...lol...what are the symptoms now>
[post=469030]Quoted post[/post]​

part throttle the engine acts like its hiting a revlimiter, but not real harsh. If you snap the throttle its ok or if you close to 75% throttle

what ecu are you running with this? are you using the resistor box? is there a possibility that your intake air temperature and idle air control valce switched..i.e. the plugs?> what codes are you throwing? fresh gas?
do you have continuity with the injectors all the way back to ecu?

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 12:16 AM
what ecu are you running with this? are you using the resistor box? is there a possibility that your intake air temperature and idle air control valce switched..i.e. the plugs?> what codes are you throwing? fresh gas?
do you have continuity with the injectors all the way back to ecu?
[post=469036]Quoted post[/post]​

fresh gas ,PM6 ecu,HF resistor box,code 14. i have the iac caped off i was told it could be doing it.
not sure on the continuity but they are getting 12V ground and are pulseing, checked with noid lights and a stethoscope to hear them clicking

Back