dpfi to mpfi swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i read earlier you were gettina code 9? does this still exist>? code 14 is iacv..is it atleast plugged in? your injectors sound fine i woulnt think the issue is there. im shooting for the dizzy....dont think the iacv cause that big of an issue if malfunctioning...usually just unstable idle...stupid question, but do you have the ground connected on the thermostat housing, trasmission cable bracket and valve cover?

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 12:32 AM
i read earlier you were gettina code 9? does this still exist>? code 14 is iacv..is it atleast plugged in? your injectors sound fine i woulnt think the issue is there. im shooting for the dizzy....dont think the iacv cause that big of an issue if malfunctioning...usually just unstable idle...stupid question, but do you have the ground connected on the thermostat housing, trasmission cable bracket and valve cover?
[post=469044]Quoted post[/post]​

code 9 is fixed.
the valve cover one is not sure about the thermostat ground or the trans cable

i would check on those....is your IACV plugged in at least(i.e. you can bypass it but you need to plug it in and put it out of the way just so the computer has a signal

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 12:57 AM
i would check on those....is your IACV plugged in at least(i.e. you can bypass it but you need to plug it in and put it out of the way just so the computer has a signal
[post=469053]Quoted post[/post]​

k. but how could i have the problem with the grounds now??

Originally posted by BoogieDown+Mar 3 2005, 11:12 PM-->
@Mar 4 2005, 12:57 AM

[post=469061]Quoted post[/post]​

you had to remove the harness to modify it right? if so you could have forgot to hook them back up. you did swap the tps wires right? and you do have an IACV plugged in?

Originally posted by 88bluehf+Mar 4 2005, 01:16 AM-->
Originally posted by BoogieDown@Mar 3 2005, 11:12 PM
88bluehf
@Mar 4 2005, 12:57 AM

[post=469061]Quoted post[/post]​

you had to remove the harness to modify it right? if so you could have forgot to hook them back up. you did swap the tps wires right? and you do have an IACV plugged in?
[post=469062]Quoted post[/post]​

never took off the grounds and the iac is pluged in

this car truly perplexes me then...because you only have a code 14...you have fuel, spark, timing, grounds,your outer two wires on your tps have been swapped(hopefully)....so by all means you should not have a problem with the throttle....maybe it needs to be driven around for awhile and the issue might resolve itself.

im just shooting in the dark here..but how is your compression on all four cylinders? dead cylinder could cause this.

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 01:36 AM
im just shooting in the dark here..but how is your compression on all four cylinders? dead cylinder could cause this.
[post=469070]Quoted post[/post]​

had 128psi in all 4 cylinders

my specs say minimum of 135psi and standard is 184psi...128 sounds awefully low

it was running fine bofore the swap. driveing around like that it looks like your just learning to drive a stick or if you do a holeshot its fine

hmmm....by all rights the car should run, but that compression is awefully low. that would be my guess of why you seem to have "non firing cylinders"

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 4 2005, 10:33 AM
hmmm....by all rights the car should run, but that compression is awefully low. that would be my guess of why you seem to have "non firing cylinders"
[post=469152]Quoted post[/post]​

but that should have been a problem prior to the swap right??

i started switching around injector plugs and the boging got better but still there.
Now my #1 fuse keeps poping:( not sure what is causeing it.
Any one live close to Tampa,Brandon area that thinks they can solve this?? there is a reward lol

Back