dpfi to mpfi wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HATCHET_HONDA

scottie fizzle
ive swapped an obd1 b16a into my 91 dx hatch. well i wired it for mpfi and the injectors function fine, its the dizzy im havin problems with. i keep getting a cel for crank angle sensor. its the only cel ive got doin this swap so its pretty damn frustrating. i have the 4 wires hooked to a plug so that i could unhook the harness if i needed to pull the motor again. well with the wires matched up it bogs down and runs like crap and has no CEL weird i know...buut if i switch my 2 dizzy wires around it revs fine buuut throws the CEL! ahhh.. ive heard of maybe shielding those 2 dizzy wires..would that help? and how would i do that?

If the DX harness was retained, there should be 2 new wires running from the ECU to the distributor. DX has 5 wires, Si has 7, 2 new + 5 DX = 7 for Si distributor. Order of the connections is critical to the distributor working. Shure you matched the previous connections exactly when re-doing the previous job.

the sensors are coils of wire that generate voltage pulses for the ECU. They should all register around 280 ohms resistance. Need a volt meter with a resistance setting.

Also may have ur blue/green and blue/yellow backwards.Which sounds like you tried already.

The DX has
Crank angle sensor (orange & white) wires
Top Dead Center (orange/blue & white/blue) wires

The Si has
Crank angle sensor (orange & white) wires
Top Dead Center (orange/blue & white/blue) wires
cylinder sensor (blue/green & blue/yellow) wires

The DX ECU pins
crank angle C1 orange
crank angle C2 white
TDC C3 orange/blue
TDC C4 white/blue

The SI ECU pins
crank angle B10 orange (C1 on DX ecu)
crank angle B12 white (C2 on DX ecu)
TDC C3 orange/blue
TDC C4 white/blue
cylinder sens C1 blue/green (not supported on DX ecu)
cylinder sens C2 blue/yellow (not supported on DX ecu)

Last edited:
at first i thought i may have the wires matched up wrong to the dizzy plug cause of the "bigger" white wire. evrything was correct but i did try to move the 2 white wires around but that just caused it not to start at all.....ive rechecked the ecu wires and alls well. i just dont get why it runs fine with the cel on buut when i get it to go off and it throws no cel it runs like crap uhhgh

did you ever get it fixed??? my car's runnin again. runnin strong. i could come by and take a look. lmk dude, or we could run em!

also got yblegal.net a forum, http://yblegal.net/forum/

Did you remember to swap your TPS wires around?

Just saying when its wired right there are no cels but it runs like crap, if you tps is still unchanged then its telling your ecu that your at WOT.

IDK it sounds like it makes sense doesn't it?

Last edited:
Did you remember to swap your TPS wires around?

Just saying when its wired right there are no cels but it runs like crap, if you tps is still unchanged then its telling your ecu that your at WOT.

IDK it sounds like it makes sense doesn't it?

yes!! that was it!! revs fine no bogging or cel flashin in my face! wooot +1 for you my friend.

doh why the hell didnt i see that before? always the little things overlooked

Back