dpfi to mpfi wiring styles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

court

I like the way this sounds. I am not into the cut and solder method... what do you guys think about this menthod, taken from http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/

"Swap and switch method (less cutting and soldering)
-Pins B10 and B12 are empty meaning there are no wires going into them as a general rule, however some models have a wire at B12. If you have wires there de-pin them and pull them out.
-De-pin C1 and C2 from their plug and plug C1 into B10s spot and C2 into B12s spot. By doing this you just saved yourself the need to solder any cut and solder at least 2 wires.
-Pins B2 and B11 have wires going into them but they are not used for anything on most cars (see Automatics and Exceptions above).
-Take the pin/wire from B2, de-pin it (this means pop it out of the plug). Now solder and heatshrink on a length of wire long enough to reach into the engine bay all the way to about 1ft after the fire wall. I say this because I like to add a plug right after the firewall later on so you can unplug your whole engine harness if you ever need to. You can do this in comfort outside of the car. Once you are done pin this wire into C1's now empty spot.
-Take the pin/wire from B11, de-pin it and solder and heatshrink a length of wire onto it just like you did for B2. Once you are done pin this into C2's now empty spot.
-Cut wires at A3 and A7, solder and heatshrink wires to the plug side of A3 and A7 and run them into the engine bay, make sure you mark them. Now you should have 4 wires running into your engine bay."

When I did my DPFI to MPFI I tried the de pining method and it was pretty hard to get the pins out so I just cut and solded. I guess it all depends on how you wana do it. I know some guys do de-pin and that would probably make it look cleaner but I kept my carpet so you cant see the heat shrink. Like I said it all depends on how you wana do it.

when i did the mpfi swap/conversion on my bro's car, i did the cut-n-solder thing. i too tried depinning, but that shit is hard. honda technicians have de-pinning tools, which im sure are available, but if you dont have them, then it makes it that much harder.

good luck w/your swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
when i did the mpfi swap/conversion on my bro's car, i did the cut-n-solder thing. i too tried depinning, but that shit is hard. honda technicians have de-pinning tools, which im sure are available, but if you dont have them, then it makes it that much harder.

good luck w/your swap.

I am more intererested in the technical aspect. like, does it work/makesense. I guess I will find out when I complete thesoldering tomarrow.
best of luck gents

Back