1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPFI to OBd1 completed

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by esi42, Sep 7, 2004.

1. esi42

esi42 Member

Whats up guys,

Just finished swapping my smokey, leaky, smelly d15b2 out of my 88 Civic Lx. Replaced it with a d16z6 with P&P/Milling and wired it to obd1 with a P28 ecu.

Car started up first crank and has run great ever since. I couldnt get the tranny and clutch combo I wanted yet, so I have to deal with oem. The lx gearing sucks , but it is still way better than what I had before. I pretty happy with it for now.

Anyways, I'd like to thank everyone on the forum here for all the help with this swap. I had a lot of questions and you guys helped me out imensely.

-D-

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

That's awesome! I'm glad you got it in and running. The LX gearing isn't all that bad- it's the same 1-5 as all other USDM 88-91 Civic transmissions, but it has a 4.058 final drive. The Si has a 4.250 final, and the hatches have a 3.888 final. You're not doing that bad.

:)

3. esi42

esi42 Member

It just not as quick as it was in my buddies car, but that is to be expected. He had the 93 ex gearing with a header, stage 3 clutchmasters and 2.5" catback. Still pulls hard up top and is way more driveable down low. Im going to upgrade to an Si trans with a better clutch down the road. Had planned to put in the 93 flywheel, but the tranny I bought wasnt what is was supposed to be.

To top it off, I also contaminated the stage 3 clutchmasters when I stored my engine. Im dumb and left the distrubutor off(with a rag in the hole) . Even with the oil drained from the engine, enough still leaked onto the cltuch and flywheel for it to soak it up like a sponge on the bottom half. I was pretty pissed, but shit happens like that with cars.

When I first got the car running, I was using a professionally chipped p28 with vtec engagemnent at 4600 and a redline of 8600. It was way to rich at idle and I think its because of the stock 93 ex exhaust manifold/downpipe and my stock 1 3/4 lx exhaust with choking $20 Weaver Auto Parts oem replacement muffler. Put the stock ecu back in and it idled and ran a lot better. It also seemed to make a little more power with the stock ecu. So, Ill use that ecu once I mod it a little more.

The obd0 - obd1 conversion harness had a wire for service check and a ground for service check. I put a toggle switch here, was that correct? When I flip the switch to adjust the timing, the CIL comes on solid. Anyone know if thats right?

Also installed a new rack and pinion because mine was shot. I was able to modify the power steering line from the 93 ex so that Im able to use the 93 ps pump. I wanted to retain all the stock pulleys from the z6.
    Anyways, Ill keep you posted on the swap

Thanks

-D-

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted