1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

draft dodgers memorial

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Sep 29, 2004.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

2. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

I've got no problem with it, though a memorial for draft dodgers is a little weird. :p

This whole thing with the new draft where you can't go to Canada to dodge it scares me a little.

While I don't agree with drafts in the first place, I could at least make the consession that the government could say something like 'If you won't protect the country, get out of it'. But this new idea of preventing people from using Canada as a refuge is really making it a 'death lottery' of sorts. 'You're gonna die for us and there's nothing you can do about it.'

Don't get me wrong... I would gladly fight a battle I believed in. I just don't agree with this new war and wouldn't want to fight it, myself. If I were drafted I'd probably try to dodge too.

3. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

I think it should be some sort of wall with all the names on it it, so we can remember these people, and so that once these names are on it they cannot be removed. That is a sweet original idea. :p

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

First and foremost, I do not believe draft dodging is wrong. I believe that the draft is wrong. I believe whole-heartedly in serving the country and actively protecting it, but I do not agree with being required to fight in a war that I do not believe in the cause of. Isn't this the basis of having a relatively "free" people? Now, if Iraq had attacked US, that would be a different story. Being ripped from my home and life and thrust into a war so GW can acquire his own personal sandbox is not a prospect that I welcome the thought of.

5. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Well, since it is a volunteer military, and there more than likely is not going to be a draft, I wouldn't worry about it.

And no, when you join the military to do service for your country, you don't get to pick and choose what and where you go, or what wars, and battles you fight.

And the sandbox thing is funny, but hardly true. Think about where Iraq is, right inbetween Syria, and Iran, the two leaders of terrorist activity, and who is right on the other side of Iran? That's right, we are, in Afghanistan, and just above it is Georgia. So I maybe wrong, but I think the Iran, a thorn in our side for decades now, is about to get squished. And that would be a much better reason to being here than that thinnly vailed WMD and terrorist links reasons we are here. Kind of like the war on drugs, people knew (know) it is fruitless, but the powers that be want it, so they throw out "We're doing it for the kids" Society swallows it whole, and the government gets it class war.

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I agree... to an extent.

BUT

Blame Canada!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

those pussy mother fuckering draft dodgers dont deserve shit if you ask me.

9. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

I'd rather keep breathing than get a bullet in my head just so my relatives can get cheap gas after I'm dead. :p

This war has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, it has absolutely everything to do with peak oil. The world isn't running out of oil, but we're reaching our maximum ability to pump it. Supply is set to exceed demand anywhere from 2006-2050. Google for 'peak oil' and read a bit... You'll find some really interesting things.

10. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Werd

Find one thing that substantiates this, such as maybe anywhere in the last year and a half where the price of gas has gone down. You have a lot to learn about how the military and government work.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted