draft dodgers memorial

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've got no problem with it, though a memorial for draft dodgers is a little weird. :p

This whole thing with the new draft where you can't go to Canada to dodge it scares me a little.

While I don't agree with drafts in the first place, I could at least make the consession that the government could say something like 'If you won't protect the country, get out of it'. But this new idea of preventing people from using Canada as a refuge is really making it a 'death lottery' of sorts. 'You're gonna die for us and there's nothing you can do about it.'

Don't get me wrong... I would gladly fight a battle I believed in. I just don't agree with this new war and wouldn't want to fight it, myself. If I were drafted I'd probably try to dodge too.

I think it should be some sort of wall with all the names on it it, so we can remember these people, and so that once these names are on it they cannot be removed. That is a sweet original idea. :p

First and foremost, I do not believe draft dodging is wrong. I believe that the draft is wrong. I believe whole-heartedly in serving the country and actively protecting it, but I do not agree with being required to fight in a war that I do not believe in the cause of. Isn't this the basis of having a relatively "free" people? Now, if Iraq had attacked US, that would be a different story. Being ripped from my home and life and thrust into a war so GW can acquire his own personal sandbox is not a prospect that I welcome the thought of.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 29 2004, 06:21 PM
I believe whole-heartedly in serving the country and actively protecting it, but I do not agree with being required to fight in a war that I do not believe in the cause of. Isn't this the basis of having a relatively "free" people?
[post=396215]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, since it is a volunteer military, and there more than likely is not going to be a draft, I wouldn't worry about it.

And no, when you join the military to do service for your country, you don't get to pick and choose what and where you go, or what wars, and battles you fight.

And the sandbox thing is funny, but hardly true. Think about where Iraq is, right inbetween Syria, and Iran, the two leaders of terrorist activity, and who is right on the other side of Iran? That's right, we are, in Afghanistan, and just above it is Georgia. So I maybe wrong, but I think the Iran, a thorn in our side for decades now, is about to get squished. And that would be a much better reason to being here than that thinnly vailed WMD and terrorist links reasons we are here. Kind of like the war on drugs, people knew (know) it is fruitless, but the powers that be want it, so they throw out "We're doing it for the kids" Society swallows it whole, and the government gets it class war.

I agree... to an extent.

BUT

Blame Canada!!!

blame-canada.jpg

ecg10big.jpg

BigFinish.jpg

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 29 2004, 05:36 PM-->
there more than likely is not going to be a draft

Actually, there more than likely IS going to be a draft.

Several proposals to reinstate the draft are currently circulating in congress. In addition, the Director of the Selective Service has proposed the draft be expanded to include all men and women ages 18-34. The draft seems to be planned for Fall of 2005.

TrailorParkPimp

those pussy mother fuckering draft dodgers dont deserve shit if you ask me.

I'd rather keep breathing than get a bullet in my head just so my relatives can get cheap gas after I'm dead. :p

This war has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, it has absolutely everything to do with peak oil. The world isn't running out of oil, but we're reaching our maximum ability to pump it. Supply is set to exceed demand anywhere from 2006-2050. Google for 'peak oil' and read a bit... You'll find some really interesting things.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Sep 30 2004, 03:36 AM-->
Actually, there more than likely IS going to be a draft.

Several proposals to reinstate the draft are currently circulating in congress. In addition, the Director of the Selective Service has proposed the draft be expanded to include all men and women ages 18-34. The draft seems to be planned for Fall of 2005.
Could you run a little further into left field, you haven't quite hit the wall yet. You're going to have to come up with something better than some speculative articles to back that up, if not, than keep on keepin' on.

TrailorParkPimp

those pussy mother fuckering draft dodgers dont deserve shit if you ask me.

Werd

I'd rather keep breathing than get a bullet in my head just so my relatives can get cheap gas after I'm dead. :p

This war has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, it has absolutely everything to do with peak oil.

Find one thing that substantiates this, such as maybe anywhere in the last year and a half where the price of gas has gone down. You have a lot to learn about how the military and government work.

Back