Drag 3 Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Viperlocc_B18C1

I have a '94 GSR swapped into my hatchback and i want to build it up to run the Drag 3 turbo kit. where can i find the kit for sale? what precautions should i take to get the engine ready for it?

you dont need to build anything to run a drag kit at its STOCK boost level. focus on fuel delivery and management

then, replace the crap deltagate waste gate with a tial
then, replace the piece of shit manifold know for boost spikes,
then, replace the insufficient sized downpipe with a 3" one

or, get a maxrev kit thats cheaper and better.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 14 2003, 05:41 AM

then, replace the insufficient sized downpipe with a 3" one

I dont think this is necessary, at the power levels from 7-8 psi, 2.5 inch dp will be fine. A general rule of thumb is <250 whp for 2.5 inch, anything bigger you need a 3 inch. Just my .02

which turbo would be the best setup for my engine? drag 3 or the maxrev? what trim should i get...which one is a better all around street runner?

The Maxrev is better, but about 600 to a grand more than what we list Drag Gen 3 or 4 for. The wastegate is shit but the rest of the kit can provide nice gains. what I would do here is list what you have to spend and what you are after. There is alot of cumulative experience on this site to help you piece together a custom setup for slightly more than a kit price and end up with higher quality. ;)

the maxrev kit is sold for 2400 from ks-motorsports.com
i haven't seen a drag kit for under 3200

Then correction, the Drag Kit is about the same price, without the DIY intercooler pipes. P.S. Are you close with these guys or something? Not that they don't have great products/pricing, but you pump these guys like they are it. Just asking.

i know i need a kit that comes with the bigger (360cc injectors i believe) injectors, the FCA or whatnot, and a front mount intercooler. I need to get the Super T long runner manifold as when i did my swap i used a full length radiator and im happy with that and dont want to get rid of it....on www.groupbuycenter.com i found the max rev and the greddy to have all that cept i need the long runner manifold

Back