Drag Gen III turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRXSI91

ok,i was gonna piece my setup together..but i decided to only piece the fuel and engine management part of it together..im gonna buy the Drag gen III turbo kit...i have a crx hf with a b18a in it..but im swapping in my b18b i have in my garage...now

some of the things that come with the kit,i dont like..and some of the things that come with the kit,i have heard some bad stuff about...so can someone give me a little info on what i should or can do in this situation? :

1.turbo exhaust manifold - i heard it is notorious for "boost creep"...so i would want to get another one....only problem is..since it comes with the kit...will the downpipe that came with the kit,(flange patterns)line up with another turbo manifold i would want to buy in the future?...and i dont mean to sound like an idiot..but what exactly is boost creep?

2. Drag hi pressure inline fuel pump - i want a walbro 255 intank fuel pump...i dont know if i would absolutely have to use this pump or not...anyone got any ideas?

3.Blitz blow off valve - i dont really have a huge problem with this..but if i wanted to switch BOV's to something less attention attracting..would the other BOV fit in the welded hole?

4. MAP bypass assembly - i dont want to bypass my map sensor..i want a GM 3bar map sensor so i dont have to trick the computer or some stupid shit into thinkin that the car isnt getting too much air..

5. Fuel regulator - would rather use my stock one..if not just an AEM one..but if this one is good,then ill keep it.

everything else is strait,and i dont have a problem with..

i dont know too much more about drag kits..only that their fuel managment that they give u,isnt that great..im not worried about it though..im upgrading my fuel setup anyway.

anyone got any advice??

just piece together the turbo kit mang...

i don;'t think the manifold has anything to do with boost creep by the way...
search on here, boost creep was explained...

i could try explaining but you will get a better description if you found the posts on it...

the exhaust manifold may not have the wastegate flange in the right spot to prevent the exhaust gases from bypassing the turbine there by increasing boost?
not sure on drag manifold...
but if you want to switch manifold then why get the kit to begin with?
you could prob get a diffrent manifold with the same flange for the turbo, but if the turbo placement is diffrent on the new manifold then the downpipe might not be routed correctly to match the rest of your exhaust...

they use an inline pump to boost pressure and so you don't have to drop the tank... another reason to NOT GET THE KIT...

as long as its the same flange pattern you can use whatever BOV you want, another vote for no kit...

the kit uses a map bypass to prevent CEL's, and the fuel regulator is a FMU, fuel managment unit, that simply increases fuel pressure by 12 lbs, per pound of boost... the fuel pressure is able to reach such high levels because of the inline fuel pump...

it sounds like everything from the kit is getting tossed in the garbage...
if you must get a "kit" go with a full race kit...
they will give you quality parts, and nothing you need to throw out...
check em out...

You are ALWAYS better putting together your own kit.

1 Get a different turbo manifold. BMC makes a good economic log that I bought

2 Boost creep is when there is more boost than there should be because the WG is not doing its job or it is in a bad spot.

3 You probably should get an intake pump, new injectors, and EMS----------> uberdatat for obd1 or crome/turboedit for obd0

4 GM three bar is a good idea

5 Since you wanna run high boost you hafta get a adj fuel pressure reg and AEM is where its at

6 Any shop can weld a new flange on for a BOV, don't let the current flange limit you

the only good part of a drag kit is the intercooler/piping. the rest pretty much sucks.

the manifold is garbage.

it leaks wastegate gases from basically just 1 cyl. the wastegate is a deltagate pos.

:D[COLOR=red

[COLOR=blue]pissed off sol dont know shit. tell him to keep his mouth shut! my d15b7 will smoke his gay ass anyday!!!! gunner

Originally posted by gunner@Apr 30 2005, 05:28 PM
:D[COLOR=red

[COLOR=blue]pissed off sol dont know shit. tell him to keep his mouth shut! my d15b7 will smoke his gay ass anyday!!!! gunner
[post=493423]Quoted post[/post]​

:suprised:

haahahahahah,who the hell is bringin up old threads.

Originally posted by CRXSI91@May 1 2005, 12:54 PM
haahahahahah,who the hell is bringin up old threads.
[post=493588]Quoted post[/post]​

That doesn't help it, but this does..... :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back