drag slicks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

i was wondering about some drag tires what is a good size wheels to use and what tires should i use?

you have a stock b16 dude...

slicks really won't do you much good at this point. the money would be better spent elsewhere

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Sep 11 2004, 10:32 PM
13" x 8" wheels w/ 25" slicks are the norm.
[post=389203]Quoted post[/post]​

no need to mislead, at this point, 20'' will be best

I'll be investing in some 22x8x15's here soon. M&H is the only brand name you need to worry about knowing.

OH, and B is right. A stock motor will perform jsut about exactly the same numbers on slicks as without. Just have a higher MPH, but also a higher 60' time without, but the same ET because of the extra friction created by sticky tires on top end.

so no matter what even with nos using slick is not a good use of money right now? what do i need to get the best use out of a set of slicks?

With Nitrous, they are worthwhile, On motor, you're just wasting expensive slick rubber.

160-170 whp is a good slicks/no slicks cutoff point, IMHO.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 12 2004, 04:19 AM
I'll be investing in some 22x8x15's here soon. M&H is the only brand name you need to worry about knowing.
[post=389230]Quoted post[/post]​

dont.

get at least 24's dude. you're way beyond the 22" power level. id put 22's at 225 whp tops...

i got 25's, and they are big... and will probably never be used. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 16 2004, 08:28 AM-->
@Sep 12 2004, 04:19 AM
[post=389230]Quoted post[/post]​

dont.

get at least 24's dude. you're way beyond the 22" power level. id put 22's at 225 whp tops...

i got 25's, and they are big... and will probably never be used. lol
[post=391026]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll make do on 22's, man. I want it to look like street tires on the 15's when I pull up. ;) I'm not looking for 1.6 60' times, I jsut don't want the tires to blow off in second.

Back