drag susp. setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

what suspension components are essential to a good drag car?whats most important?and what are some suggestions?

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Nov 17 2004, 09:45 PM
traction bar, stiff rear springs.
[post=418500]Quoted post[/post]​

cool, exactly what i was thinking, just didnt know about anything else :D

for a fwd car i would think that you would make the rear much stiffer then the front to prevent weight shifting to the back.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Nov 17 2004, 11:41 PM
for a fwd car i would think that you would make the rear much stiffer then the front to prevent weight shifting to the back.
[post=418608]Quoted post[/post]​

there are two camps on that one some belive in close to 0 weight transfer some belive in using the rear wheel bar to add weight to the front wheels

unless you're running low 10s a wheelie bar really won't do anything for you- and it kills the car for pretty much anything but strip use only.

run 1000 lb springs in the rear, 600 up front.
get some full-race.com traction bars
get some 25" slicks

c ya!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2004, 04:26 PM
unless you're running low 10s a wheelie bar really won't do anything for you- and it kills the car for pretty much anything but strip use only.

run 1000 lb springs in the rear, 600 up front.
get some full-race.com traction bars
get some 25" slicks

c ya!
[post=418818]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i was thinking 900 or 1000lb springs in rear and wasnt sure about the front....and a guy i know makes badass traction bars for like 200-250

and i was thinking 24 or 25 inch slicks

im jus wondering if stock shocks would be an ok way to go for the time being with good drag springs and traction bars

Back