1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drag Turbo Kit On The Way

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 831civic, Jan 10, 2003.

Install right away or wait for internals?

1. Do it now!!!!

100.0%
  2. wait 'till I build my blo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 831civic

831civic Member

I just bought a Drag turbo kit for my H22 powered hatchback. I can't wait to get it. I just don't know whether to slap it on right away or just wait until I get my pistons, rods, sleeves and valvetrain. If I can run my car on stock boost for right now (which is about 7psi) then I think i'll slap the turbo kit on right away but if the risk of fu**ing up my engine is too high, well then I'll have to wait :angry:
    What do you guys think

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if you have fuel management- go for it. if not, dont boost it on either not or fully built.

3. 831civic

831civic Member

My whole fuel system is getting upgraded so I will have that. I'm also ordering the aem ems + a wide band O2 sensor. I'm not sure on what size injectors to go with. I'm thinking 66 pound injectors.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

lbs are for domestics - go by CC's :)

550's should be good
    i wouldn't run the turbo until you get the aem, but thats me.
    and owning a wideband is kinda useless unless you own a dyno as well

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

dude- i wasn't cock blocking you. chill out. i gave my opinion. i wouldn't run 1 psi of boost on any of my motors with out proper fuel management.
    i'd take a hondata over rods, pistons, OR injectors. have all is security, but IMO, fuel management is a necessity

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I think he meant the wideband o2 is useless without a dyno,not running a turbo or EMS.

7. cws13

cws13 Senior Member

The new AEM system has a capability to feed you specific A/F ratios and tune your fuel map for you by crossreferencing itself if you have a wideband O2 sensor. Since the Drag kit usually comes with an intercooler and injectors you should be fine to run that 7 psi. With the AEM you'll be good to go. Buyer beware, this thing is not as easy to tune as you may think--even with all of the claims. Also, it's an H22--it won't take much more than a bolt on kit will give it without needing internals. In order to fit all that under the hood (if you havent already) get a slim line fan and install it on the front of your radiator where your A/C condenser went so the turbo will clear the radiator and the new fan should move more air. You will need that dyno to tune the AEM outside of a raw fuel map.;)

8. 831civic

831civic Member

Maybe I got a little too aggressive there, sorry about that pissedoffsol.

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

its cool- just know that we are all here to learn... not to criticize.
    i don't know everything- nor would i claim to. im sure theres somethings you know that i don't and vice versa

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted