Driftin an SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but it is as close as you can get in a fwd car. None the less, it is a bad ass vid.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 15 2003, 10:33 PM
That's not drifting. That's entering the turn a bit spicey.

:werd: :withstupid:
looked more like a rear brake bias when entering a turn caused the ass end to get squirly

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 15 2003, 09:56 PM
No, actually it sucked. If someone was on his ass, he would have been passed right then and there.

Very true. A good run would have followed the perfect line with apex against the inside curb somewhere, all at maximum speed without losing traction.

Yup. Watching it again, he went in too much on the inside, and apexed too early... if you can call that an apex.

the turn would've been ok had there been a turn right after though.. but with a straight afterwards a more subtle entrance/higher speed exit would've been better right?

Depending on the direction of the second turn, yes. That turn looks like a normal 90 degree turn, so entering on the outside and apexing right in the middle would have been ideal, although you can change up your apex a bit to suit your driving style... but going as early as he did just makes you look like you forgot there was a turn there.

looks like what i was doing in the hatch at autoX with those tires... :p

looks like he came into the corner a little faster than he should of, and lost it, got lucky and didnt hack it up too badly. i wonder what his pants looked like after......

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 16 2003, 12:12 AM
no, stock Si Michelin VX4 (i think) 195/55/15 i beleive.....

Ah. So quick wearing tires with crappy mileage warranties that still feel like plastic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by tedwright@Jul 16 2003, 01:14 AM
looks like he came into the corner a little faster than he should of, and lost it, got lucky and didnt hack it up too badly. i wonder what his pants looked like after......

That guy is the national champ for his class, he has pants of steal. If he would have let up off the gas, he would end up spinning out.

Back