Drifting War on the East Coast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
NORTH vs SOUTH Drifting Event

Who's going?

1. Airjockie and Wife.
2. Celerity (possible)
3. InsaneAsylem Z.

the girlfriend has a function that weekend... rules state if she cant drift neither can i :(

we WILL MAKE A DOF some time this year grr.

thats my birfday
ill be in hartford getting FUBAR :D

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 3 2004, 04:59 AM
thats my birfday
ill be in hartford getting FUBAR :D
[post=385633]Quoted post[/post]​

looks like i'll be in hartford, trying to find e a new shirt... lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2004, 11:09 PM
im out, as per our convo earlier....
[post=385541]Quoted post[/post]​

and I also mentioned that if you give a hand and help swap some parts over and ish....then you can take one of the many cars that will be ready to drift by then....you just got to pay the gas for the car going down and back, the tolls, and your own entry fee....

Besides..I'm sure some Hondaswap peep in MD would allow us to crash...err...crash at his place :)

It's a little over a month away, and my project cars are a little over a week away from being completed....on each one.

AE86.....I'm hooking up the new fuel pump and reg tonight, and seeing if that solves most of my problems....it it does, then I just need to change the head gasket and rear main seal and the car is good to go....if not, then I will go ahead and get all the jets and venturies for it.....then it will be done.

260Z...Just needs the engine swapped over, the fuel injecting swapped, and possibly the fuel tank....and then the front struts and poly-bushing kit....and it's done.

The 240Z.....I just need to save the $1000 and go get it, but it is supposedly ready to drift...so I can just add the insurance and get it registered...and it's done.

The rest is just tires and rims....and packing up the cars for the trip...with tool's and tires...So if you or anyone help's, they can lay claim to use one of the cars....it would be sweet to have a 3-4 car transport for this trip...hint..hint...

I can only drive one car at a time ;) ...but my knees are getting worse and I might go see a doc next week....this morning, while working on an S-92, changing an Aux Power Unit's accumulator....once I got on my knees....I couldn't get up... :( I just hope my body can hold out till these events are over...I've gone 2 week's without a day off, and I have till next friday to work...then I might take that night of to go to the DGTA DOF in NJ...to test and learn one of the cars...then the autocross on Sunday to get some more seat time that I have missed this year.

But I did get a raise last week...at $0.60 an hour, and the OT is really kicking some ass...this week is Sat/Sun/Mon...and thats 1.5X/2X/3X for my pay rate...@$24.07, and with COLA it's $24.50 an hour....Plus since I'm 3rd shift...I only work 6.5 hours and get paid for 8....so mondays pay alone is $588 for one day...hehe...one more month of dumping this money into the cars...and they will be done...then after that it all goes towards a house :)

New low pressure fuel pump, VDO fuel pressure gauge, and low pressure adjustable fuel pressure regulator is on.......along with a new fuel filter...car started right up...and ran, pressure looks good....no leaks......and it runs.....but it is slow as hell...so now it is only one thing.....The venturies and jets....So when the $250 bucks is in the bank account...then I can order them. :)

Tommorrow is Z suspension day....finish the fronts shocks and springs and work on the brakes. Then sunday will be bushings day....for the fronts at least ;) Monday might see the rear bushings.....and an oil change on the Jeep.

Got the front shocks and springs on...and new brakes on the fronts....now I need an alighnment......but the swap went fairly good, did it in only 3 hours....and the car is slammed.....

Next is some bushings, and the engine......

abk.jpg

And the GALLERY :p

OK....

I got the Z almost done and ready for this event...

2 new Azenis are on their way to my house, the car is almost in a decent running condition, a few more parts, and a few more hours in tuning it up, and road tests....but so far...I like what is happening on it.

The AE86 is still in the same condition.....

it needs 4 venturies, a set of different jets, a head gasket, and a rear main seal...then it will be up and ready to go...but that stuff is out of the price range I can afford for this event.

If anyone wants to go in on helping to get the AE86 up and running...and can shoot some money towards the AE86 to get it up to par...then they are welcome to take it down there and beat the shit out of it...the money for the parts will get back to them after I have a little more overtime from work...so they will get the parts money back...but if something breaks...I only ask for a little help to tow it back....... ;)

But my Z will be there for sure, the hotel party will kick some major ass......

and a full party will insue after the drifting is done....and before the drifting too ;)

and if we can get the boosted Z ready...it will go too...

And B....I'm sure you can drift the new Hatch. :) just tighten the E-brake cable, and disconnect the front sway bar. If I could do it with the CRX...I'm sure you can do it with a monster Civic.....or are ya chicken? :ph34r:

<-- CHICKEN.

WELL, NO. I JSUT DON'T BELEIVE IN FWD POWER SLIDING.

Thanks...hopefully after this next week-end...it will be famous....I wish...

Ohh well...

I got the lift in a shop tommorrow morning, so the rear brakes will be done up to drifting par, the rest of the bushings will be installed, the front tires replaced with new Azenis's....and then I got to go up and get my parts car, and bring it back to the shop, and finish stripping it for more parts....IE...Diff, wheels, carpet, window....

And Wednesday...my new ACT heavy Duty pressure plate will be here...and then I can install the 5 speed, with some real force to put the engines awesome power to the ground...no more slipping...at least at the flywheel.

Then Thrusday, I have to go up and deliver the old engine to a guy that will buy it and all the other spare parts that I don't need...so that means....more room in the garage...and he has a set of rims that he's trading me....hehe...so more rims

Then Friday...is going to be tool pack up, and finish prepping the car....

Sat morning...I hope to get on the road around 10-11...to make it thru NY when the traffic is decent...and hope to get to MD by 6-7..to get into the hotel...

Then party that night and hope to wake up the next morning.

And Sunday will be the event that I have been waiting for for a long time...hell...it's what I built this car for....I can't wait.

Then come back Monday afternoon...and try to make it to work....if I can wake up after the huge party Sunday with everyone...and those guys get crazy when they party.

after that..then its back to work...and time to find a house. B)

Back