Drifting?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok. ill be the first to admit it.

just what is drifting? is it when you drive your car around a track and slide into the turns?
i honestly dont see the point...

pretty much
its inducing severe "controlled" oversteer

it looks impressive
its not fast

it takes a lot of skill to pull it off well

It gives people that are into performance something "artistic" to do that the ricers will have a hard time taking over.

it gives the ricers a chance to try doing something else that they are not qualified to be doing, in places they really shouldnt be doing it in in the first place

i cant wait till i have to kill some fucking ricer for trying to drift around a corner and sliding into my car
:fr:

its all about the mag lite
3-6 D cell bateries :)
beat the shit out of a few people with my last one before the cops got it
its even pretty usefull if you ever end up with a flat tire or something on a dark road... or maybe you need to do something under the hood at night and need some light
who knew :huh:
:lol:

I need to find my big Mag... I used to keep it in the car, and now I don't know where it is.

Drifting is fun, but it's not a super-speed race technique. There are very few situations where drifting through a turn is faster than just driving the correct line at the limit of adhesion. I think I'll set the CRX up for drift...

The correct answer is you don't really. It's kind of retarded to do. Most accepted way of "faking it" is by using the e-brake to freeze the rear wheels to oversteer.

RWD and AWD use methods of downshifting, braking to shift weight, turning, and then accel'ing to break the back end loose. Little more complicted with awd though, more power is required to get the tires to slide.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@May 7 2003, 08:22 PM
The correct answer is you don't really. It's kind of retarded to do. Most accepted way of "faking it" is by using the e-brake to freeze the rear wheels to oversteer.

Nope. You can set up your suspension to do it without using the e-brake.

exactly .... the car can be setup to have a tendancy for oversteer instead of understeer

but i still stand by my prior statement that if you have to ask how to do it you shouldnt be doing it

it takes a lot of steering and throttle/brake control to keep the car from just spinning out and or crashing

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 09:41 PM
it takes a lot of steering and throttle/brake control to keep the car from just spinning out and or crashing

Yup. I'm not asking how, don't need to. :lol:

In the CRX, drifting without spinning/crashing ought to be a LOT of fun. Nerve wracking would probably describe it better, but we'll see.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that part wasnt directed at you .... you have a good enough head on your shoulders to know what is in or out of your ability

it was more directed to the guy who happens to see a drifting video online and goes
:eek: "i gotta go try that" and heads out to the nearest corner

i posted a link all about drifitng like 2 days ago.....

drifitng is like figure skating. its a judged event on style and technique. if you spin, you are DQ'ed. its not about who gets first or last-- in fact, you don't pass. its about style and control

i have a DVD of drifting in japan and it covers a drifting competition here in the states too. basically, it takes place on a road course with lots of turns. it is judged on:

1) how well you use the road (you should try to cover the WHOLE road, even drifting back and forth on the straights! without hitting anything.) the Signal Auto driver in the video came within about an inch of the guardrails without touching them!

2) how well you control the drift (spinning out and sloppy drifting is bad)

3) drift speed. the more speed you use in your drifts, the better. (this is where the pros are separated from the amateurs)

4) how well you adhere to the actual "line" of the road (as if you were road racing).

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 09:48 PM
that part wasnt directed at you .... you have a good enough head on your shoulders to know what is in or out of your ability

it was more directed to the guy who happens to see a drifting video online and goes

Are you actually talking about me, because when did I say anything about trying it? I'm just not going to say anything else because maybe it wasnt.

as far as the "i gotta try that" part... no that wasnt directed at anyone specificly

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 09:48 PM

Oh, I know. Don't worry. We'll see if I can get the rear end of that CRX stiff enough to want to play.

Back