Drive shaft comes out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guero68

I have a 97 accord and i did a h22a swap did all the right thing kept it auto ao i got an auto tranny with the swap that went with the motor. The problem i am having is if i turn hard to the left the passenger drive shaft comes outof the trans just enough wo make the car free wheel. I kept using the original drive shafts...Does anyone have a fix or idea.

I have a 97 accord and i did a h22a swap did all the right thing kept it auto ao i got an auto tranny with the swap that went with the motor. The problem i am having is if i turn hard to the left the passenger drive shaft comes outof the trans just enough wo make the car free wheel. I kept using the original drive shafts...Does anyone have a fix or idea.
that should not be occuring...you have a problem. i dont see how the axle would pull out of there. you need to get that fixed asap

Need to check c-clip on end of axle that goes into tranny for wear or breakage I've had several of those on other model cars break and have to be replaced - easy fix. The problem i experienced was similar to what you've described. You should also check your "new" axle length. (The actual axle shaft, not just the assembled axle with cv joints.) I'm not entirely positive but i think that generation tracks just a little wider than earlier generations.

Ok thanks guys well i am stationed in el paso hope to be going hope for the holidays thats where the cars is at and i will have to look into that...So you saying check the c-clips...

Back