1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive shafts in all the way?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Makahana187, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Makahana187

Makahana187 New Member

i recently completed my b16 swap into my 93 civic. i noticed though that the drive shafts are not completely bottomed out. there still seems to be a little bit of the actual shaft sticking out of the hole in the transmission. i measured the length and everything, and for some reason the shafts still don't wanna go in. it honestly feels like the shafts have bottomed out. they only stick out MAYBE 1/2", probably a little less. i tried tapping it with a dead blow hammer and everything, still couldnt do it. any advice for some help? i appreciate it

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

there should be a metal locking ring on the end of your drive shaft, and it sometimes takes a bit of "encouraging" to get it to snap into place in the trans..

Certainly shouldn't be a half-inch gap. I'd suggest checking the lenght of the shaft and the length of the socket, count splines, etc.. Make sure you have the correct axles for the application. If so, you just need to get rough with it.

3. Makahana187

Makahana187 New Member

i did all that, the length is good, the splines are fine because if they were off it wouldn't have gone in as far, and the axles are the ones i ordered with the engine so they seem to be the correct ones...and i apologize for putting this in the ed-ef forum...i meant for it to be in the EG one

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted