DRIVEAXEL NUT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delslow-as-shyt

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME IM TRING TO PULL MY ENGINE BUTTHE DRIVEAXEL NUT WILL NOT BUDGE (IS IT REVERSE THREAD) I SNAP 2 5/8 BREAKING BARS IS THERE A WAY AROUND THIS WITHOUT TAKING OFF THE DRIVEAXEL NUT?

you can heat up the nut then try taking it off. Or maby you should try to use a good impact. I know that they are torqued to like 250ft/lbs so a little time and rust makes them a bitch to get off

only way is an impact gun i have doen it 50 times withoput a snag using and impact gun

butane/propane will get it hot but probaly not hot enuff your best bet is a impact gun. If you dont have access to a impact. (Step1) go to sears and get a 1/2 or 3/4 breaker bar and socket to fit if you dont have one. (Step2) Stop at hardware store and get a 3-4 foot section of pipe that will fit over breaker bar (while you are ther get some pb blaster it is the best at freeing rusted parts). Go home spray down with pb blaster go eat or somthing come back and put pipe over breaker bar and have at it jump on it pound on it or what ever it takes but it will come off> If you break socket or breaker bar spray down again and go to sears get new one and try again. good luck

isnt it a 32mm????? get one of those sockets that are made for axles. i just got one for like 10bucks and it seems pretty strong.

don't use heat to get the nut off, you have bearings and grease and everything else in that area, impact if you have one or just a big breaker bar, it will come off. Also make sure that it is not staked at all

yeah- air tools is the way to do it.

you could go to a close by shop, and just have them kinda loosen it up for you, then put it back on SNUG to drive home like a grandma on... then take it off the rest of the way yourself

YEAH BUT MY ENGINE IS ALMOST OUT THE ONLY THING HOLDING ME FROM ACTUALLY TAKING IT OUT IS THOSE NUTS I THINK ILL JUST CUT THEM AND BUY 2 NEW ONES. YOU THINK ITS ALRIGHT TO PUT ANTISIEZE ON THEM BEFORE I PUT THEM BACK ON/

antisieze is not really needed.... just go get some air tools ... they make life so much easier

and please stop typing in all caps

breaker bar, your weight and jumping does the trick,,,and yes like E said no caps please. thanks.

Milan

sorry about the caps! What size impact gun do I need? Because I went to my local hardware store and he said it is to little to do the trick. Where would I rent a gun from pepboys,loews,or homedepot? Is the nut a reverse thread?

any 1/2 in impact should do the trick as long as it is rated at more than 300ft lbs and yes antisieze is ok the person that re assembled my car used antisieze on a lot of parts that are usualy a pain and it helped a lot

i am really having a problem getting this nut off i just bought a impact gun rated at 500ft of torque and a compressor that goes up to 125 and its not budging can some one please help (can i just take all of the suspension parts and the steering parts off to get to it)? please help

Something that noone else has mentioned: Isn't there a spot on the axle threads that is notched? On my Accord, and most FWD cars that I've ever seen, part of the nut is literally pounded down over that notch. It's an effective way of locking that nut into place. A decent screwdriver used to free up that notch may be the edge you need. Are your rotors turning? If there is any give that would let the axle twist, you lose a lot of the force you are using. Have someone stand on the brakes if they are still attached. That way, the nut will have to give, not just vibrate. Also, crank that gun up!!! Good luck. :p

Back