DRIVEAXEL NUT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sick car yeah i did get the nocth out but still wont budge is it reverse ill try the brake thing

Definitely regular, not reverse. A 2-4 foot piece of pipe over a solid 1/2" breaker bar and socket should work. Penetrating oil will help, especially if you leave it overnight(if you don't get it tonight.) Or, borrow a bigger impact gun. If you run down the pressure in your air tank, give it time to build back up. You want as high of pressure as possible for your impact. Read your manual. Tank pressure and line pressure are seperate. You want both of your guages to have the same reading. Eventually that nut will come off.

man i used my 32 mm socket on a half inch gun and i didnot evev unstaked the nut and my gun blew it right off

yeah thats what i thought it should come off in a sec but the shit is not moving 500ft of torque is alot but its not doing the job you think i should just cut the axels for now and buy new ones how much does they run for ( what about taking the streering knuckle off and the forked piece that comes down from the shock absorber can i just pull the whole rotor out then pull out the axel?

i jus got a socket/ratchet on it, then took the 4' long bar from a hydraulic jack, and got a friend to stand on the brakes, and popped that motha fucka off. worked like a charm.

edit: used the bar from the jack as a pry bar, kinda like an extension of the ratchet handle

Back