drivers door stuck closed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

one minute it works another it doesnt. shut my drivers side door for a second to get out of the car. Now its stuck, i have power options.. no nothing go caught in the door . It just wont open from the inside or outside. Has anyone ran into this problem and possibly have some type of solution besides welding it shut now... lol

I 'Sometimes' have this on my Civic. After looking at the mechanism I have found the one of the rods that connects the handles to the latch has got a little bent due to door Closing/Slamming etc. Also make sure that the handle in the out side is properly pushed back. May be the same as your problem, maybe not but certainly worth looking at.

Regards

Chris

If it is freezing out where you are the doors are probably frozen shut. Either put it in the garage, or from the inside of the car hold the handle open and push as hard as you can to try to break it free. My crx's door used to do that sometimes. I had to kick it open a few times when it was cold out. Freaking rust bucket let too much water sit in the door jamb.

dukes of hazard anyone? happened to my car and it fixed itself. i assumed it just froze shut.

i had this problem once.

turned out, that one of the bolts/screw that holds the latch plate to the doro came loose- so it was sticking out. i ended up just pushing the fuck out of it from the inside, and in doing so, put a nice scrape all the way out the swing of the door.

opened it up, noticed the screw, tightened it back in.

with the door open use a screwdriver to pop the latch, then open the door handle, see if the internal mechanisms are acting properly, if they are then chances are its a latch problem...

Back