1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drivers side axle binding??? help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by DVJr84, May 28, 2008.

1. DVJr84

DVJr84 H22A4drCivic

Okay so i changed the motor mounts and axles and im still getting an axle bind. Although its less than before it still does it on right corners and when i hit dips. What could be causing this??? Differential? I was told that since my speedo doesnt work that could mean that my diff was bad becuase the vss gear runs off of the diff. Im not sure I just want this grinding to go away. Somebody please help

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Axle too long? You stated in another thread that you have an H22, but you don't tell what your setup is here.

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Replace the axle, the bearings and/or bearing race is probably damaged.

4. DVJr84

DVJr84 H22A4drCivic

well i think calesta is right im thinking both axles are to long. when i took the axles out i was able to expand them about 1 to 2 inches on both sides. Im believing that has to be the problem because they're crammed up. Im sending these axles back and telling them to shorten them. What do u guys think could this be the answer to my problem???

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Look up axle length information. I always thought that an H engine/transmission swap into an EG required custom axles.

Hasport Billet Mounts

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted