Driveshaft Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Makahana187

I get the feeling my driveshafts aren't all the way in. any help with this? i have a b16 swapped into my 93 dx sedan.

here's a picture from under the car of the passenger side driveshaft
Driveshafts001.jpg

and here's one from the top, you can't really see it too well sorry
Driveshafts003.jpg

and here is one of the driver side driveshaft...this one looks kinda like its all the way in but i want another opinion
Driveshafts002.jpg

i appreciate the help

You may be missing the retaining ring that goes in the groove around the trans. end of the shaft.

its not leaking at all, and i shouldn't be missing anything: the driveshafts are brand new

isn't the seal supposed to be touching the transmission so that dirt, water, etc. doesn't get into the transmission and eff up the gears?

:bangdesk: wow seriously. The seal is in the transmission and it seals around the smooth shiney part of the axle. If you installed these yourself and are askoing questions like this you need to take you car to a profesional to be looked over. :eek:

and if i'm reading what your sayin, does that mean that the driveshafts are ok, or do i actually need to push them in farther

alright problem solved, i whacked the thing with a deadblow hammer for half an hour and i got it in. i appreciate all the help

Back