1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

driving a dune buggy hatch

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 93stockhatch, Jul 30, 2003.

1. 93stockhatch

93stockhatch Banned

im not to good on suspension, i really dont know much about it, i just bought a 93 cx hatch and it had donuts on it, i bought integra ls rims...15's, i want to know what tire size i should get and i want to drop the car just so the wheel well sits right above the tire, does anyone have any suggestions, im going strictly for handling purposes.....sway bars strut bars, i need to know the whole bit. thanks for the replies

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

If you want to drop the car strictly for handling purposes, you really don't need to go all that low. About an inch and a half is all you need. It's not going to have the wheel well sitting right on top of the tire with no gap, but it will look good, and it holds your suspension arms (and drive axles) horizontal at rest, which is what you want for the best handling.

What's your budget? You can spend anywhere from $500 to $87549278 on a suspension setup. What kind of racing are you building the suspension for? Yes, it matters.

I would run a 195/50/15 tire on your LS rims. You preserve your stock gearing (somewhat), and you can get some really nice tires for not too much money with that size.

3. ahedau

ahedau Senior Member

:werd:

my suspension budget=$500
    what I've spent=$87549278

:wacko:

4. 93stockhatch

93stockhatch Banned

thanx, i was just looking for an everyday driver but nights and weekends dipping in and out of traffic at high speeds is my main concern, i dont want to have to deal with camber kits either

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

don't. just by new tires :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted