Driving a hummer in Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's ordered. They got attacked so much when they stopped, that it was decided "Do not stop". And this applies for all of Iraq and combat zones.

If you're driving a hummer in Iraq DO NOT STOP. Yes, the Iraqi people hate it, but you gotta (as they gotta) understand that when US troops stop, people die.

Thats how I drove in mosul and baghdad when I was there. The Lt said go and I went. Say what you want but when there are people on top of buildings with ak's and rpg you will change your thinking. Shit we would go on the wrong side of the road just to get out of a traffic jam, there everywhere, just to get out of harms way. So al in all we have no idea why they were in a hurry so dont bitch. Put yourself in their shoes.

My friend recently got back from Iraq. He showed me all the pictures where he "almost" died. He says they do the same things. I'd rather dent a piece of shit then stop and get hit with a RPG.

He told me a story that when your in less populated areas in a convoy you just stay in the tire tracks of the guy in front of you. Well some Iraqi was following them in van with a smaller tread. The guy was literally right behind the Hummer my friend was the gunner in. Hit a mine and blew the fuck up. Not only did my friend's Hummer JUST miss a mine, it got hit with shrapnal from the van and my friend's life was saved by a protective shield that was installed 2 weeks earlier.

Some kids, not exactly friends, came back with videos of people mowing over people at semi-close range with the .50 during the first two years. I couldn't watch most of it. I'm not super thick skinned to real blood.

the best man in my wedding is a driver in the marines.. he was driving a hummer in a not very populated area at 45ish.... all of a sudden he heard a loud cracking sound and looked out the drivers window, and there was a bullet lodged in the glass, directly in line with his head..

one of the people in the truck sw the muzzle flash and (after getting clearence) unloaded 14 nades into the building.

Back