Driving cross country

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UNDR8D

...has a job!
I am leaving NH at 7:00 tomorrow morning and driving to California with wife and my 19 year old little brother. Here is out itinerary:

Sunday: NH to Pitt.
Monday: Pitt. to Chicago
Tuesday: Chicago and toward Denver...I don't know if we will make it all the way
Wednesday: Denver to Vegas (or wherever to Denver)
Thursday: Stay in Vegas for a day (or Denver to Vegas)
Friday: Vegas to Ventura

Should be fucking awesome. I am going to thoroughly document the ride including any hookers that we see, accidents, dead bodies, dead animals, fires, absurd roadside attractions, scenic vistas, and any other interesting, ironic, or humorous things as I see them.

I am going to thoroughly document the ride including any hookers that we see, accidents, dead bodies, dead animals, fires, absurd roadside attractions, scenic vistas, and any other interesting, ironic, or humorous things as I see them.

Maybe you'll witness a car crash in front of a historic downtown building, burst into flames and the nearest person happened to be a hooker wearing a Davy Crocket hat that pulled the driver's lifeless body out of the car. Oh, and the impact compressed the 'compact' car to half it's size. One picture and fucking done.

In for some awesome pictures/stories. Be safe and don't get lost. Any reasons for going besides just for the experience?

Permanent move...we hired a mover for the big stuff and the rest of it fits in the trunk of our car (clothes etc.).

And ya that scenario would be EPIC

Fuck, I haven't been on here at all lately... Guess I missed a thread lol. Good luck, I'm jealous. I'd love to just get up and go sometime. You find a job there? I need to rebuild my resume now that I think about it.

Thanks man. Ya I'm doing some part time consulting for an attorney. Otherwise, still looking for a 9 to 5 but NH is tapped out for the time being. Maybe some day I'll come back. Also, wife is the youngest kid so her parents are pretty old and getting frailer each year. She will feel better about being around close to them. Although, they may have 30 years left so whatev.

Update: In Illinois, about 65 miles outside Chicago (Sheridan).

Spent Sunday night in Ohio...got super ripped up. Brother had his first drink(s) in a bar ever. Bartender knew he was underage and served him HEAVY long islands to teach him a lesson. Lesson was well taught and pretty well documented.

Driving 80 through Ohio sucked. Got some decent pictures. Nothing earth shattering yet. Hoping shit goes down between here and Vegas.

Next stop is Denver.

Make a pitt stop in Fort Wayne and say hi to me and BDN. Once you hit Ohio drop off the Interstate and hit up US30. You'll come right through town here.

That is, if you haven't already passed by here.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought you lived in the 805 area? WTF were you doing in NH?

I grew up and spent the first 22 years of my life in NH. Went away to grad school then went back to look for work. Didn't find any. Wife is from Ojai, CA so we are moving there. We paid a mover to pack and drive our stuff (Allied Van Lines) because it is cheaper than renting a truck plus we don't have to drive it or load it ourselves.

Make a pitt stop in Fort Wayne and say hi to me and BDN. Once you hit Ohio drop off the Interstate and hit up US30. You'll come right through town here.

Sorry buddy. We are moving west so we will be going through Iowa, Nebraska, and into Colorado tomorrow. I saw the signs for Ft. Wayne and was trying hard to remember if that's where you lived. It did cross my mind.

Its cool, what route did you take through Indiana? 70 or 74 through Indy or 80/90?

We recently acquired a company in Ft. Wayne. I was planning a trip out there this month. Probably not happening now that WE got acquired.. lol.

So you work for VeriSign?

Nope, I mostly deal with small businesses without any ties to government contracts, so these two places would not be somewhere I'd get to do phone work at.

Its cool, what route did you take through Indiana? 70 or 74 through Indy or 80/90?

We took 80...booooooring.

We made it through Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and into Colorado today. We are stying about an hour outside of Denver. Onto Vegas in the morning! Got some decent pictures so far but no OMG moments yet.

Back