Driving cross country

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You have Buttonwillow nearby! That is the only reason I go down there.. lol

We took 80...booooooring.

We made it through Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and into Colorado today. We are stying about an hour outside of Denver. Onto Vegas in the morning! Got some decent pictures so far but no OMG moments yet.

In 2000 we went out to Junction City Kansas to see my brother at whatever base he was on. Through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas... boring ass driving. Part of it is because the interstates are perfectly straight lines for miles on end.

Fresno sucks, I lived there for 2 years.. never again.. haha

i'd say stop through Bako and say whats up.. but theres nothing to do here.. lol..

We just passed the sign to split off 15 S to Bakey...I thought about you too. I wish we could have but by then we were so tired. I can't believe I'm up typing now. So ya we made it. Tons of good pics coming. Nothing crazy or cool.

Oddly enough it was rather uneventful. We didn't get any tickets, hit any animals, see any accidents, fires, or otherwise. Saw one hooker at 3 AM the first night in Ohio! Lots of great vistas and scenery though. Coming over the hill on 15 S and seeing Vegas from up high was amazing.

Single greatest surprise: Utah. ZOMFG it was beautiful. The San Rafael Swell was majestic.

In 2000 we went out to Junction City Kansas to see my brother at whatever base he was on. Through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas... boring ass driving. Part of it is because the interstates are perfectly straight lines for miles on end.

Ya, totally fucking straight. I can't help but look out at some of these places and wonder who the fuck lives there.

Single greatest surprise: Utah. ZOMFG it was beautiful. The San Rafael Swell was majestic.

UTAH was amazing??? WTF?? UTAH??? :huh: I fucking hate utah! been there once and stuck there for two months! nothing but salt flats, hicks, and Mormons! not to mention salt lake city is stupid small and it stinks like a dead hookers vag. worst part about it was I couldnt buy cigs because I was 18 and not 19! then some crazy fuck off thinks its a good idea to make selling beer illegal on sundays! :mad:

Sorry I just really hate Utah. Bad times :(

Last edited:
Wow...well you didn't go far enough east. Once you hit the mountains it is insane. There were parts of 15S with NOTHING for over 100 miles...literally nothing. Just road and rock. It was fuckin beautiful and scary.

I'd still take BK over Jersey any day. At least you are a few hours from Vegas, close to sweet mountains, and near LA. California > most other places in the country.

Did you take 80 all the way through Ohio? Cause if so you should have stopped in Youngstown. Then you would have seen your homeless transient hooker stealing a car, selling crack and wrecking into a large building. It's pretty much the norm. Plus dead bodies when she got out and started shooting people with her assault rifle.

Umm ya we took 80 but for some reason did not go through Youngstown. I have been through there before. It is fucking gross. I have heard a lot of bad things about it. I saw the sign for Salem and thought about stopping at the DD.

Well, congrats on making it alive. What kind of place are you three going to be staying in over there?

I'm sorry that nothing too uneventful happened, but sounds like you still had a good time.

Still waiting for pics :)

My brother is flying back today...he was just along for the ride. Wife and I are staying with her parents for a few weeks (hopefully). It's not ideal but it's only us and them so it is really quiet most of the time.

NH to OH = 12.5 hours with stops
OH to IL = 7.5 hours with stops
IL to CO = 15 hours with stops
CO to NV = 14 hours with stops
NV to CA = 4.5 hours

Back