droping a 87 teg motor into a 89 hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol_racer

my team member bought this 89 hatch and wants to put a b16 from a 87 acura interga tha hatch is carbrated socan someone help out with telling me what all needs to be changed and some steps on doing it

UNR

i think you mean a d16 from an integra. I wouldnt recommend it since you are from cali. youll never pass with the ref.

im not worried bout tha reff i just want to get a swap done in it and i do mean a d16 but i herd that u have to change tha gas tank fuel pump and fuel lines anyone know?

my team member bought this 89 hatch and wants to put a b16 from a 87 acura interga tha hatch is carbrated socan someone help out with telling me what all needs to be changed and some steps on doing it
you would be in for a lot of work - the Integra D16A1 is not a direct bolt-in to the 4th gen Civic - you would need to fabricate a driver's side mount as the D16A1 mount is on the front of the engine and not on the end like the 4th gen engines - the engine will somewhat bolt to the transmission, but you can't get all of the bolts in - the D16A1 block does not have a hole in it for the long starter bolt that goes thru the transmission into the block - you will end up with only one bolt in the starter - you would need to use the flywheel and clutch from the engine in the car now - the 87 D16A1 uses a distributor with vacuum advance ignition and not the electronic advance used on the later engines - the later 88-89 D16A1 distributor, as well as the Cylinder Position Sensor, will not bolt to the 86-87 D16A1 head - you said the hatch was carbed - i assume it is the DX or STD model with the Dual Point Fuel Injection, not carbed, in which case you would need to do the wiring changes to convert it to Multi Point Fuel Injection

Back