1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dropping my 98 civic

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by deemn, Mar 26, 2008.

1. deemn

deemn New Member

hey can anyone help me out, need to drop my civic.....anyone know where i can get an instructional....wanna try it this weekend.....doesn't look to hard i got some neuspeed springs that i got for free off my sis......please help!!!!!!:confused:

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

The best thing you can do for yourself is to go buy a Haynes/Chilton manual for your car. It will have illustrated instructions on how to take apart your shock/spring assemblies, as well as information on how to do all kinds of other things. As far as installing springs goes, you're going to need a spring compressor (which you can rent or buy from any auto parts store), and you'll also need all the basic hand tools (sockets, wrenches, torque wrench, etc.). I would also make sure you have a nice big breaker bar or an impact gun (if you have access to a compressor).

Oh, and one other thing...it's not absolutely necessary, but I'd really consider getting some sport shocks to go along with your new springs. Factory shocks don't tend to hold up too well when you lower your car...

3. Jared759

Jared759 Well-Known Member VIP

I second that... found out the hard way.

4. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

I umm, third? Yes, that works. I THIRD everything that Brutal just said. The illustrations are great in either manual and since you got the springs for free, spending two to three hundred dollars on a good set of shocks/struts would be a VERY good idea. Do it right the first time. Good luck my friend.

5. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

yep my stock struts blew within a week when I dropped my old civic.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted