Dropzone Coilovers Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
When I got my DB8, the previous owner put on some no name (at least I think they are no name) lowering springs on the stock shocks. The car was stupid low and rode like ass. I couldn't even make a u turn without the fender eating my tire. The car was bouncy as hell too.

I had a $300 budget to get some suspension. Saving more money and getting a full coilover set up like Function Form, D2, Tein, ect... was out of the question since I was coming off my 3 week vacation from school and I had to start commuting again.

So after searching around for deals on suspension, I came across the Dropzone coilovers and shocks/struts. I searched for people opinions and I got mixed reviews. It was damn near 50/50 on who liked them and who didn't. However, I did notice that half the people who said they were shit, never even had actual experience with them. Given the fact that I was on a budget and that there were quite a few people satisfied with their Dropzone set up, I decided to go ahead and give them a shot.

I got the set up off Ebay for $291 shipped.

iPhonePictures106.jpg

iPhonePictures107.jpg

I don't know what the spring rates are. All 4 were the same length but they were labeled with front and rear so the spring rates may be different.

iPhonePictures111.jpg

iPhonePictures109.jpg

I installed them last sunday and so far, they are ok. The car handles a lot better, the car doesn't bounce everywhere, and it's overall a smoother ride. Not a real smooth ride but compared to the set up that was on the car to begin with, it was like night and day. It's a pretty stiff ride but that was expected.

I would suggest this set up to anyone who needs suspension and is on a tight budget. There is no combination you could put together that would be cheaper than this set up. For the money I paid, i'm satisfied. If you are able to save up though, do it. You can definitely find a better suspension for a few hundred more dollars.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10, overall. Bang for the buck wise, I give it a 10 out of 10.

I set the car about 1 1/4 inch higher all around than it was when I got the car.

iPhonePictures108.jpg

iPhonePictures110.jpg

i was looking into a set of these too what is the drop u have i no you raised it but about how low you think you are ?

i was looking into a set of these too what is the drop u have i no you raised it but about how low you think you are ?
i'd say i'm about 2 inches up front and 1 3/4 inches in the rear. All I did was adjust each coil till each fender well and quarter panel was about even with the tire. I got 205/50/15's up front and 215/50/15's in the rear, so I just assume that the rear is about 1/4 inch higher than the front.

i'd say i'm about 2 inches up front and 1 3/4 inches in the rear. All I did was adjust each coil till each fender well and quarter panel was about even with the tire. I got 205/50/15's up front and 215/50/15's in the rear, so I just assume that the rear is about 1/4 inch higher than the front.

ok looks good thanks.... cause yea im on budget as well but still want my car too look good and handle better but they could go lower if ud like correct ?

Yeah the rears have another inch or so and the fronts have at least 2 inches more that they can go.

MPF members have had issues with dropzone springs, most of the springs are not matched for proper spring rate. ive never had them personally and i could link you to the thread with details and shit if needed. no info on the shocks though.

did you look at PIC? they are pretty cheap and quality.

Forgot to post this a while ago but I had a rear shock blow on me about 2 months ago. So 7 months and already blew a shock... Eh, not too bad for some cheap stuff. They got a lifetime warranty anyway lol.

i have drop zone with new oem struts..what a terrible ride ...i was toatly pissed when i wasted my $ on these ..not to be neg .but i cant wait to get these off my car. i would take stock suspension any day of the week over these.

Back