Dropzone springs or coilovers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

im looking at some dropzone suspension options, i saw thet springs and thatsabotu a 2 inch drop or so, then i saw the dz coilovers that will allow me the choice of how low i wanna go.
What is the better choice??
is there a difference in stiffness between the 2?

i have the DZ coilovers and they are a bit bouncy....i dont mind though....not my daily

this ones my daily driver, so should i steer away from dropzones? Im not looking for caddy ride i want performance. i also saw some skunk 2 springs how are those?

Ground Control Coilovers for you sound good, they work well and they are cheap you can't go wrong.

Skunk2 springs ride pretty good, but they don't lower it very much.

DSC00400.jpg

'course, they've only been on there a month or so, so they might settle...

Wanna buy 'em? :D

yeah i know.... right know i'm savind to get the skunk2 system... so i dont mind the ride when i ride sat nights....

Dropzone makes probably the worst suspention products known to man. I had them on my car for about a week, and replaced them with stock. Go with the ground control.

my cousin has dropzones. they dont do much for handling; theyre mainly for making the car look good. also after about 3 months maybe, the passenger side is already sagging(he weighs like 250lbs so you'd expect the driver side to sag :shrug2: )

I couldn't agree more, dropzone coilovers are crap! If you have to go with coilovers go with skunk. However the best option is to get some springs, and replace your struts/shocks with some adjustable koni's.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 18 2005, 07:54 AM
dropzone is right up there with arospeed... shitty
[post=447301]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jan 12 2005, 10:00 PM
my cousin has dropzones. they dont do much for handling; theyre mainly for making the car look good. also after about 3 months maybe, the passenger side is already sagging(he weighs like 250lbs so you'd expect the driver side to sag :shrug2: )
[post=444935]Quoted post[/post]​

that's because of:
1. Cheap material
2. poor design
3. Low spring rate (psi)

wanna try my coils on your car? j.k.
these are some coils that I manufacture. You can easily put 10 hondas on top of your car and the coils will barely go down a bit... Can you say heavy duty!!! LOL

3_4%20pair%20coils.jpg

im selling a set of skunk2 coilovers on ebay for 250. just a little bit more than what the dropzones go for. great condition(basically brand new) and with that 250 im including free shipping

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Jan 24 2005, 11:25 AM
im selling a set of skunk2 coilovers on ebay for 250. just a little bit more than what the dropzones go for. great condition(basically brand new) and with that 250 im including free shipping
[post=450562]Quoted post[/post]​

damn, you guys get raped with coils on hondas... well in lowriders too...

I usually sell them $30.00's cheaper than any competitor... why? Imma start doing honda coils F_CK IT LOL :blink:

Just go with a badass set of Brand X's.. :)

I sell the dickens out them around here for people looking for that cheap drop.. But what is weird is put them up next to a set of Ground Controls and its hard to tell the difference.. :)

But hey what can ya expect for a set of Coilovers that ya sell for 120.00...

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jan 24 2005, 11:32 AM
Just go with a badass set of Brand X's.. :)

I sell the dickens out them around here for people looking for that cheap drop.. But what is weird is put them up next to a set of Ground Controls and its hard to tell the difference.. :)

But hey what can ya expect for a set of Coilovers that ya sell for 120.00...
[post=450572]Quoted post[/post]​

I can get you a no name brand coil over, all 4 coils w/e coil overs for like 60 something bucks... but you also get shitty quality LOL

Back